听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月4日英语故事:Don't forget to say "Thank you!"
返回列表 发帖

6月4日英语故事:Don't forget to say "Thank you!"

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-6-4 18:52 编辑

Half a year before graduation from college, my son began to seek a job. Due to the financial crisis, fewer companies would like to employ new staff while potential employees were flooding the job market. Therefore, the competition was ever-fierce. My son targeted a company that was located in a coastal city. It was intended to employ only one person while there were more than twenty candidates filing their resumes, among whom was my son. I said to my son, “It is more difficult to get into this company than take the college entrance exam. You should not harbor too much hope for fear that you would feel terribly disappointed when you fail.” He said to me, “I am not afraid of disappointment. As long as I try, there will always be hope!”
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

My son’s words seemed to come true and he was informed to be interviewed. There were only 6 people to receive interview after the company reviewed all the people’s resumes. After the interview, there would only be 3 who could enter the final round, which would later decide one person to be employed. Everything seemed to go quite well and my son passed the first round and entered the final round in a week. My son and other family members were excitedly and nervously looking forward to the coming of the final interview.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

On the day of the final interview, my son and other two candidates arrived at the interview venue promptly, waiting for the decisive harsh test. Unexpectedly, the interview was unbelievably simple, during which the interviewer only chatted with them for a while. The interview strategies my son prepared were not utilized at all. The interviewer said to them, “All of you are very super. Please go home and wait for our notice. We will tell you the result in 3 days. Good luck to all of you!” On the morning of the third day, my son received the text from the company shortly after breakfast that he was not employed. My son felt dreadfully disappointed. In order to comfort him, I pretended to be relaxed and said to him, “It does not matter! I believe you will have more opportunities in the future!”
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

In nightfall that day, my son suddenly told me excitedly on phone, “Dad, I am telling you a good news! I have been employed!” Greatly surprised, I could not wait to ask him, “What’s the whole matter?”My son told me that he received another text saying that he was employed. My son felt very confused about it, so he made a call to the company for inquiry. Actually the first text sent to my son was also part of the test in the interview. Three men received the same text this morning and only my son’s reply was satisfying to the company, so he was employed. I asked my son, “How did all of you reply?” My son said, “One did not reply. The other said “goodbye” and I said “thank you”.”
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Only then did I know that my son’s “hope” came in that way. That is, when you feel disappointed, do not forget to say thank you to the one who disappoints you. Actually, it is a piece of cake to say thank you. But whether you are willing to say it in a peaceful and grateful manner does count. Saying thank you shows respect for others’ work and demonstrates your grand generosity. Therefore, while under the same condition, you will get the upper hand in terms of opportunities compared with others!
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Thank you!

thank you! you're so great!

本帖最后由 xiaopengyou 于 2012-6-4 21:42 编辑

we need to say“thank you”often!

回复 2# kobe

这也太热情了吧。O(∩_∩)O~,不过在生活中勇于和善于说谢谢的都是明智的。

回复 3# tang24

Thank you . I'm just a ordinary person and it's my pleasure to let you feel happy and enjoyable.

回复 4# xiaopengyou

Yeah ,  it isn't just a polite behaviour ,but also shows that you have a grateful heart.

I have benefited a lot from,thank you very much!

thank you ,that's very great

回复 8# 随意320

My pleasure! Hope you can have a grateful heart in daily life."Thank you" is the most sweet and wonderful word.

回复 9# hahamumian

Thank you for appreciating  my effort.

Thank you

非常喜欢这些故事,每天都会看的

回复看隐藏

好文章。

Thank you for your good story!

thank you

Thank you very much. I love this story.

I think he is emploeyed, not because Only he says "thank you". We don't only look at the result.In fact the story is told us: a person should not only good capability, also has a good state of mind.

good

返回列表