听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月8日英语故事:Broken Wings, Flying Heart 翅膀断了,心飞翔
返回列表 发帖

6月8日英语故事:Broken Wings, Flying Heart 翅膀断了,心飞翔

Whatever happens in our daily life , we must learn to accept and adjust to it  for tomorrow is another day . Let's take the Scarlett as our model . Everyday when we open our eyes we have to choice : happy or not.So why not choose to be happy . Smile everyday and be strong no matter what happens .

Today let's enjoy a heart-touching story .Say whatever in your mind after you read the story . Don't be shy .Just choose to be brave and give yourself a different experience.

He lost his arms in an accident that claimed his father's life—who was the main source of support for the family. Since then, he has had to depend on the arms of his younger brother. For the sake of taking care of him, his younger brotherbecame his shadow, never leaving him alone for years.
      Except for writing with his toes, he was completely unable to do anything in his life.
      One late night, he suffered from diarrhea (拉肚子)and had to wake up his younger brother. His younger brother accompanied him into the toilet and then went back the dorm to wait. But being so tired, his younger brother fell asleep, leaving him on the toilet for two hours till the teacher on duty discovered him. As the two brothers grew up together, they had their share of problems and they would often quarrel. Then one day, his younger brother wanted to live separate from him, living his own life, as many normal people do. So he was heart-broken and didn't know what to do.
      A similar misfortune befell(降临) a girl, too. One night her mother, who suffered from chronic mental illness disappeared. So her father went out looking for her mother, leaving her alone at home. She tried to prepare meals for her parents, only to overturn the kerosene(煤油) light on the stove, resulting in a fire which took her hands away.
      Though her elder sister who was studying in another city, showed her willingness to take care of her, she was determined to be completely independent. At school, she always studied hard. Most of all she learned to be self-reliant. Once she wrote the following in her composition: "I am lucky. Though I lost my arms, I still have legs; I am lucky. Though my wings are broken, my heart can still fly."
      One day, the boy and the girl were both invited to appear on a television interview program. The boy told the TV host about his uncertain future at being left on his own, whereas the girl was full of enthusiasm for her life. They both were asked to write something on a piece of paper with their toes.
      The boy wrote: My younger brother's arms are my arms;while the girl wrote: Broken wings, flying heart.
      They had both endured the same ordeal(苦难,考验), but their different attitudes determined the nature of their lives. It is true that life is unpredictable. Disasters can strike at any time. How you handle misfortune when confronted with it, is the true test of your character. If you choose only to complain and escape from the ordeal, it will always follow you wherever you go. But if you decide to be strong, the hardship
will turn out to be a fortune on which new hopes will arise.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

That's good story!
Let me see the translation.

回复 2# tang24

You can see the translation after you reply . But I think you can try your best to understand the general meaning of the article without the translation. Maybe that will help your ability of comprehensive. Come on !

评分人数

• kobe

I have benefited a lot from.I feel positive attitude desides our quality of life.Iwant to choose happy evey day.

评分人数

• xiaogua

回复 4# 随意320

Be honest to your choice . Hope you can be happy everyday.

回复 3# xiaogua

thank you your suggest.

i think the attitude desides all things,so i will choose in with the smell to face everything. tomorrow is a sunny day!

评分人数

• xiaogua

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-6-9 15:55 编辑

回复 7# merak512

"smell" or "smile" ? haha, you are a sunny and humorous girl , I predict.

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-6-9 15:49 编辑

回复 6# 随意320

Maybe you should say "Thank you for your suggestion!" ? Anyway it's my pleasure !

回复 8# xiaogua

hoho,It is a mistake. that is "smile"!Thanks for your evaluation and nice to see you! keep connection !

回复 10# merak512

You are welcome . Let's learn together , improve together , and smile together.

benefit a lot, thank you

"Smile everyday and be strong no matter what happens ."is difficult.

The website is very very useful, I think. Thank you for your sharing

Good story. Thanks

This is a good story . It makes us enthusastic and  hard work.Thank you

thank you

返回列表