听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月13日英语故事:Develop Your Own Helping Rituals
返回列表 发帖

6月13日英语故事:Develop Your Own Helping Rituals

Do you ever think life is very mysterious and unpredictable ?  Sometimes , I even doubt that whether fate exist . Whatever . What we can do is  to be kind to others and live our daily life to the fullest. ------题记

If you want your life to stand for peace and kindness, it' s helpful to do kind, peaceful things. One of my favorite ways to do this is by developing my own helping rituals. These little acts of kindness are opportunities to be of service and reminders of how good it feels to be kind and helpful.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

We live in a rural area of the San Francisco Bay Area. Most of what we see is be auty and nature. One of the exceptions to the beauty is the litter that some peop le throw out of their windows as they are driving on the rural roads. One of the few drawbacks to living out the boondocks is that public services, such as litter collection, are less available than they are closer to the city.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

A helping ritual that I practice regularly with my two children is picking up li tter in our surrounding area. We' ve become so accustomed to doing this that my da ughters will often say to me in animated voices, "There' s some litter, Daddy, stop the car!" And if we have time, we will often pull over and pick it up. It may seem strange, but we actually enjoy it. We pick up litter in parks, on sidewalks, practically anywhere. Once I even saw a complete stranger picking up litter close to where we live. He smiled at me and said, "I saw you doing it, and it seemed like a good idea."

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Picking up litter is only one of an endless supply of possible helping rituals. You might like holding a door open for people, visiting lonely elderly people in nursing homes, or shoveling snow off someone else' s driveway. Think of something that seems effortless yet helpful. It' s fun, personally rewarding, and sets a good example. Everyone wins.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

It is too very good article,let us remember it !

回复 2# 随意320

Thank you ! I also think it's a (too) very good article .

返回列表