听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月20日英语故事:A Little Piece of ME——生命的过客
返回列表 发帖

6月20日英语故事:A Little Piece of ME——生命的过客

We may meet many persons in our lives. Some is improtant for us , but most of them are just a little piece .  
Please try to translate the sentences in red color . You can get the point you deserve .

When he told me he was leaving I felt like a vase which has just smashed(打碎). There were pieces of me all over the tidy, tan (棕褐色的)tiles(瓷砖). He kept talking, telling me why he was leaving, explaining it was for the best, I could do better, it was his fault and not mine. I had heard it before many times and yet somehow was still not immune; perhaps one did not become immune to such felony.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

He left and I tried to get on with my life. I filled the kettle and put it on to boil, I took out my old red mug and filled it with coffee watching as each coffee granule(小颗粒) slipped in to the bone china. That was what my life had been like, endless omissions(遗漏) of coffee granules, somehow never managing to make that cup of coffee.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Somehow when the kettle piped its finishing warning I pretended not to hear it. That's what Mike's leaving had been like, sudden and with an awful finality(决定性). I would rather just wallow in uncertainty than have things finished. I laughed at myself. Imagine getting all philosophical and sentimental(多愁善感) about a mug of coffee. I must be getting old.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

And yet it was a young woman who stared back at me from the mirror. A young woman full of promise and hope, a young woman with bright eyes and full lips just waiting to take on the world. I never loved Mike anyway. Besides there are more important things. More important than love, I insist to myself firmly.
The lid goes back on the coffee just like closure(结束) on the whole Mike experience.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

He doesn't haunt my dreams as I feared that night. Instead I am flying far across fields and woods, looking down on those below me. Suddenly I fall to the ground and it is only when I wake up that I realize I was shot by a hunter, brought down by the burden of not the bullet but the soul of the man who shot it. I realize later, with some degree of understanding, that Mike was the hunter holding me down and I am the bird that longs to fly. The next night my dream is similar to the previous nights, but without the hunter. I fly free until I meet another bird who flies with me in perfect harmony. I realize with some relief that there is a bird out there for me, there is another person, not necessarily a lover perhaps just a friend, but there is someone out there who is my soul mate. I think about being a broken vase again and realize that I have glued myself back together, what Mike has is merely a little part of my time in earth, a little understanding of my physical being. He has only, a little piece of me.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

翻译...我的水准还不是很高,就随便挑一句,尝试一下好了

The lid goes back on the coffee just like closure(结束) on the whole Mike experience

我把咖啡罐的盖子盖回去了,同时也把迈克的一切都装进去了.

评分人数

• xiaogua

回复 2# tang24

you're so great!

回复 2# tang24

Well done ! You should believe in yourself .

返回列表