听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月23日英语故事:The day that you see me old
返回列表 发帖

6月23日英语故事:The day that you see me old

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-6-23 15:28 编辑

Today is Dragon Boat‘s Day , the traditional Chinese festival. It's also a day for family's gathering. Have you shown your best wishes to your parents , such as , sending a blessing message ?Remeber to give them a call or a blessing message , that's all what they want . Here I wish you happy DuanWu Festival.

Let's share a touching letter for a old father to his beloved child, after reading the article I would like you to share something with us . Any thought is welcome just for communicating.

Dear son……
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The day that you see me old and I am already not, have patience and try to understand me …
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
If I get dirty when eating… if I cannot dress… have patience.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
Remember the hours I spent teaching it to you.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
If, when I speak to you, I repeat the same things thousand and one times… do not interrupt me… listen to me
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
When you were small, I had to read to you thousand and hundred times the same story until you get to sleep…

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
When I do not want to have a shower, neither shame me nor scold me…
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
Remember when I had to chase you with thousand excuses I invented, in order that you wanted to bath…
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

When you see my on new technologies… give me the necessary time and not look at me with your mocking smile…
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

I taught you how to do so many things… to eat well, to dress well… to confront life…
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
When at some moment I lose the memory or the thread of our conversation… let me have the necessary time to remember… and if I cannot do it;do not become nervous… as the most important thing is not my conversation but surely to be with you and to have you listening to me…
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
If ever I do not want to eat, do not force me. I know well when I need to and when not.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
When my tired legs do not allow me walk… give me your hand… the same way I did when you gave your first steps.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

And when someday I say to you that I do not want to live any more…that I want to die… do not get angry… some day you will understand…
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
Try to understand that my age is not lived but survived.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
Some day you will discover that, despite my mistakes, I always wanted the best thing for you and that I tried to prepare the way for you.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

You must not feel sad, angry or impotent for seeing me near you. You must be next to me, try to understand me and to help me as I did it when you started living. Help me to walk… help me to end my way with love and patience. I will pay you by a smile and by the immense love I have had always for you.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
I love you son…
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Your father
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Dragon Boat‘s Day  端午节这么翻译呀, 受教了。

My heart in a jam, jump my tears.
I become father too.

回复 2# AllenHL

因为端午节有划龙舟的习俗啊,所以就是那样翻译罗。当然也可以说Duan Wu Festival.

回复 3# AllenHL

Yeah , this letter is very  touching for it is the sincere feeling and words from a great father. Being someone's parents is a huge  and challegable task . Each father is a great man and each mother is a cute angle.

返回列表