听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 美国多州爆发热浪 数十人死亡
返回列表 发帖

美国多州爆发热浪 数十人死亡

At least 42 people have died in a heatwave that has brought soaring temperatures to a dozen US states from the Midwest to the East Coast.
美国中西部至东海岸几个州气温猛增,热浪造成至少42人死亡。
Crops shrivelled(皱缩的) and roads and railway lines buckled in the heat.
Hundreds of records fell across the affected area on Friday and Saturday, but the heat was expected to ease slightly on Sunday.
Severe storms are expected to follow. Many homes in the region are still without power after storms a week ago.
Media reports say many of the deaths were of elderly people stuck in homes without air conditioning because of the outages(中断供应) .
Ten deaths in Chicago were blamed on the heat, and at least 10 each in the eastern states of Virginia and Maryland.
Three each died in Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania, and two in Tennessee.
A four-month-old girl died after being left in a car for "an extended period" outside her home in Greenfield, Indiana.
On Saturday temperatures reached 105F (41C) in Washington DC - just short of the hottest ever recorded in the city - and 107F (46C) in St Louis, Missouri, which also extended its record for consecutive days over 100F to 10.
"It's hotter than hell," tourist John Ghio, visiting the White House, told Reuters news agency.
"Too hot," said Chinese tourist Xiao Duan, 30, who was also visiting Washington.
"My father says it's like we're being burned by flames."
High temperatures have also hit parts of Canada, with temperatures on Friday breaking 11 daily records in Ontario.
更多英语新闻

heatwave ?

anyway ,i love summer!

be blamed on
just shorted of the hottest recorded in the city

回复 3# 簿子酒

I don't like summer because the mosquitoes are too annoying.

返回列表