听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 1月22日美文阅读:Our Pursuit of Happiness
返回列表 发帖

1月22日美文阅读:Our Pursuit of Happiness

what is your happiness?can you share it?share it to get the score?

I added up my little moment of pleasure yesterday. First there was sheer bliss when I shut the last lunchbox and had the house to myself. Then I spent an uninterrupted morning writing, which I love. When the kids came home, I enjoyed their noise after the quiet of the day.
寻找合计了一下昨日的幸福时光,首先我盖上最后—个饭盒,独享整个房间,感受无比的幸福。然后,整个早上,我都在写字而无人打扰,这是我乐于做的。孩子们回到家,我又享受着寂静一天后的热闹。

Later,peace descended again,and my husband and I enjoyed another pleasure—intimacy.Sometimes just the knowledge that he wants me can bring me joy.
不久,再次恢复宁静,我和丈夫享受另一种快乐———亲热。有时候只要想到他需要我,就能给我带来快乐。

You never know where happiness will turn up next. When I asked friends what makes them happy, some mentioned seemingly insignificant moments. “I hate shopping,” one friend said. “But there’s this clerk who always chats and really cheers me up.”
Another friend loves the telephone. “Every time it rings, I know someone is thinking about me.”
你永远不会知道幸福下一次会在什么时候出现。当我问起朋友,什么能给他们带来幸福时,有些人会提到—些看似微不足道的小事。“我讨厌购物,”一个朋友说,“但有些健谈的售货员的确令我很开心。”
另一个朋友喜欢接电话,“每次电话一响,我就知道有人想我了”。

I get a thrill from driving. One day I stopped to let a school bus turn onto a side road. The driver grinned and gave me a thumbs-up sign. We were two allies in a world of mad motorists. It made me smile.
We all experience moments like these. Too few of us register them as happiness.
我喜欢开车的刺激。一天,我停下来,让一辆学校班车拐到路边。那个司机咧嘴一笑,会意地竖起大拇指。我们都是这个世界上的飙车一族,这让我很高兴。
我们都有过类似的经历,但很少有人能意识到这就是幸福。

Psychologists tell us that to be happy we need a blend of enjoyable leisure time and satisfying work. I doubt that my great-grandmother, who raised 14 children and took in washing, had much of either. She did have a network of close friends and family, and maybe this is what fulfilled her. If she was happy with what she had, perhaps it was because she didn’t expect life to be very different.
心理学家告诉我们,幸福既需要愉快的休闲时间,也需要满意的工作。我的曾祖母让我很疑惑,她养育了14个孩子,还要给别人洗衣服,做其他一些家务杂活。但她有一个亲密的朋友和和睦的家。或许,这已使她很满足了。如果说她因自己拥有的一切感到幸福,或许是因为她并不希望生活是另一番样子吧。

We, on the other hand, with so many choices and such pressure to succeed in every area, have turned happiness into one more thing we “gotta have”. We’re so self-conscious about our “right” to it that it’s making us miserable. So we chase it and equate it with wealth and success, without noticing that the people who have those things aren’t necessarily happier.
另一方面,我们因为有太多的选择及想在各个领域成功的压力,让我们把幸福变成“必须得到”的一种东西。我们自私地以为我们有“权”得到它,这也是我们痛苦的根源。所以我们去追求幸福,并将它同财富和成功联系起来,而没有意识到拥有它的人并不一定更幸福。

While happiness may be more complex for us, the solution is the same as ever. Happiness isn’t about what happens to us---it’s about how we perceive what happens to us. It’s the knack of finding a positive for every negative, and viewing a setback as a challenge. It’s not wishing for what we don’t have, but enjoying what we do possess.
对我们来说,幸福是复杂多样的,但获得幸福的方式却相同。幸福不是发生在我们周围的事———而是我们如何去看待周围发生的事。这是变不利为有利,化挫折为激励的秘诀,幸福并非是乞求我们未得到的,而是享受我们此刻所拥有的一切。

Happiness is to let others who loves you happy.

评分人数

• tingroom

agree with you happy2happy

评分人数

• tingroom

2# happy2happy

说的太好了。

Let me think for a moment, i can't remeber in a short time.

评分人数

• tingroom

Hoh

happiness isn't abour what happens to us  ,it is about hou we perceive what happens  to us.it is the knack of finding prsitive for every negative ,and viewing a setbank as a challenge .it is not wishing for what we donot have,but enjoyingwhat we do possess.     good sentences!!!

评分人数

• tingroom

返回列表