听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 1月25日英语故事:A Ball to Roll Around
返回列表 发帖

1月25日英语故事:A Ball to Roll Around

can you understand the little story?have a try and tranlate the red one into to Chinese to gain the score.

I lost my sight when I was four years old by falling off a box car in a freight yard in Atlantic City and landing on my head. Now I am thirty-two. I can vaguely remember the brightness of sunshine and what color red is. It would be wonderful to see again, but a calamity can do strange things to people. It occurred to me the other day that I might not have come to love life as I do if I hadn’t been blind. I believe in life now. I am not so sure that I would have believe in it so deeply, otherwise. I don’t mean that I would prefer to go without my eyes. I simply mean that the loss of them made me appreciate the more what I had left.
Life, I believe, asks a continuous series of adjustments to reality. The more readily a person is able to make these adjustments, the more meaningful his own private world becomes. The adjustment is never easy. I was bewildered and afraid. But I was lucky. My parents and my teachers saw something in me——a potential to live , you might call it—— which I didn’t see, and they made me want to fight it out with blindness.

Let's me try!
  在4岁的时候,一辆开往大西洋城的货车上掉下一件货物砸到我的头上,导致失明。现在我32岁,能依稀的记得灿烂的阳光和那鲜艳的红色。如果能恢复光明对于我将是一件让人高兴的事情,但是同时这对于其他人来说也确实是一个灾难。一天有一个想法浮现在我的脑海里,如果不是失明的话,我可能不会如此的珍爱我的生命。现在我热爱着我的生活,否则我不会如此的深信它。但这并不意味着,我愿意失去我的眼睛。这仅仅意味着当失去了他们,使我欣赏到了更多的东西。我相信生活,会教会我们一系列的方法去调整自己,来面对现实。越多的准备做个人调整,就会对个人世界有越多的意义。调整并不是一件容易的事情。我曾经困惑害怕。但是我很幸运。我的父母和老师是我看到了我没有看到的东西——可以称之我潜在的生活,努力的争取和失明抗争。
That's all. Because my English is poor ,may be a lot of mistakes in the sentence. Hope you can give me some good advice and help me to improve oral English. Meanwhile, i will try my best .

评分人数

• halo

天天田田,you did a great job,I am impressed,I hope you can practice more and more to improve your english,and you know I will be glad to see your progress.

2# 天天田田

vaguely  
[ˈveiɡli]
adv.
含糊地; 不明确地
There was a sweetish smell, vaguely reminiscent of coffee.
有一股甜丝丝的气味, 使人隐隐觉得像是咖啡。
大致上; 近似地
心不在焉地

thanks for share,

评分人数

• tingroom

halo   Thank you very much for your encourage!
I think with your help ,i can do it very well.I can because i think you can. At the same time i know action speak louder than word!
天天田田,you did a great job,I am impressed,I hope you can practice more and more to improve your english,and you know I will be glad to see your progress.
3# halo

评分人数

• x-ace

halo is really a warm-hearted man who is always ready to help others.

5# 天天田田

返回列表