听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » Late At Night,Do U Turn Off your Cell Phone?
返回列表 发帖

Late At Night,Do U Turn Off your Cell Phone?

本帖最后由 sweet.lan 于 2010-2-5 09:23 PM 编辑

Today,my friend asked me a question. At night, do u turn off your cell phone? If u don't , whom do u leave it on for?

I usually do not turn off my cell phone. Why? I have no idea. After reading an article, I seemed to understand  a little bit; for that little bit of caring. I am now sharing this story with u.

The girl would turn her cell phone off and put it by her photo on the desk every night before going to bed. This habit had been with her ever since she bought the phone.

The girl had a very close boyfriend. When they couldn't meet they would either call or send sms to each other. They both liked this type of communication.

One night, the boy really missed the girl. When he called her, however, the girl's cell phone was off because she was already sleep. The next day, the boy asked the girl to leave her cell phone on at night because when he needed to find her and could not, he would be worried.

From that day forth, the girl began a new habit. Her cell phone was never shou off at night. Because she was afraid that she might not be able to hear the phone ring in her sleep, she tried to stay very alert. As days passed, she became thinner and thinner. Slowly, a gap began to form between them.

The girl wanted to revive their relationship. One night, she called the boy. However, what she got was a sweet female voice:" Sorry, the subscriber u dialed is power off."

The girl knew that her love had just been turned off.

After a long time, the girl had a new love. No matter how well they got along, the girl refused to get married. In the girl's heart, she always remembered that boy's words and the night when that phone was power off.

The girl still kept the habit of leaving her cell phone on all through the night, but not expecting that it would ring.

One night, the girl got ill. In a moment of fluster, instead of calling her parents, she dialed the new boyfriend's cell phone. The boy was already asleep but his cell phone was still on.

Later, the girl asked the boy:" Why don't u turn your cell phone off at night?"

The boy answered:" I'm afraid that if u need anything at night and aren't able to find me, u'll worry."

The girl finally married the boy..

Late at night, do u turn off your cell phone??

评分人数

• tingroom

i leave my cell phone turned on for my father. 1# sweet.lan

I had habit that never turned off my cell phone.for tingroom,I can't know your meaning.hehe,could u explain it?

评分人数

• tingroom

no such habit, because of I don't have a GF before.

评分人数

• tingroom

Usually turn off the cell phone when I'm asleep.

评分人数

• tingroom

猫咪 发表于 2010-2-9 04:13 PM

me too!

it's a lovrly story .
i will try my hard to let the phone on.uhha

评分人数

• tingroom

I had habit that never turned off my cell phone.for tingroom,I can't know your meaning.hehe,could u explain it?
sweet.lan 发表于 2010-2-6 11:05 AM

I don't have a girl,and the one who often  calls me is my father.

猫咪 发表于 2010-2-9 04:13 PM

so you can enjoy your sound sleep,right,lazy cat?

返回列表