听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » My Life in Canada -【有图有真相,回帖也用英语吧!】
返回列表 发帖

My Life in Canada -【有图有真相,回帖也用英语吧!】

本帖最后由 tinglisten 于 2010-2-22 10:27 AM 编辑

Hi all,

I've been studying in Canada at a preparatory school for almost one year and would like to show some pics I've taken. Let me start with the Christmas Party of 2009. I really regret that, when I was a kid, I spent little time learning musical instruments. Everyone here can sing or dance or play an instrument. That made me so jealous!

Let's start with the street dance. These boys are from Hong Kong.

Another photo of street dance. The dancers are quite slim and are able to make some nimble moves. Hip hop clothing and weird hairdo are usually not allowed at school. The school has it dress code and we have to observe it.

I guess they were sweating after the performance.

which are you ??
the left one in the first picture??

4# 簿子酒

Like I said, I'm not good at singing, dancing or playing musical instrument. I was not in the group, I wish I were.

Street dance by Caribbean girls --- one of the hottest performance of the night ! I thought Caribbean students speak Spanish, but actually they speak perfect English because it's the official language of most Caribbean countries.

Michael Jackson still alive --- Smooth Criminal, an old song that still sounds great after 20 years, especially with the dance. Funny that some were wearing Nike sneakers and others had loafers on.

Moon Walk --- a great legacy of Michael Jackson passed on by dancers.

wow,amazing 5# tinglisten

本帖最后由 tinglisten 于 2010-2-27 03:53 AM 编辑

Thanks a lot for your comments ! I got more recent ones here.

Most of the time we’re busy with study, but the school has so many ways of making us relaxed on the campus. We celebrated the Spring Festival at school cafeteria. Teachers from China made dumplings for us and we all enjoyed the meal. The handmade dumplings are much better than those we bought from the frozen food section at supermarkets!

Schoolmates from the Caribbeans showing off Chinese costume and hairdo (bridal bun?). They really love trying new things and I always see them celebrating with other students for exotic festivals.

Teachers picking fish bones --  They might not go through this trouble a lot because the fish bought at supermarkets is usually skinned and deboned.  However, this is a Chinese restaurant serving Chinese dishes and the steamed fish still has bones in it. One of them is quite comfortable with chopsticks but the other is just frowning. It takes time to learn!

Schoolmates enjoying Chinese dishes at Spring Festival -- I should say Chinese food (in some cases, fusion style) is quite popular in North America. "Chinese or Italian?"  is a line we often hear in American movies when people discuss what to order for supper, right?

South Eastern Asian students celebrating Spring Festival -- they're from Malaysia. Malaysian students look like the same as us but their language is totally different. Some of them speak and write Chinese too because their ancestors are from China.

your life is full of excitement,oh,i envy you,aha,hope you can always be happy like this.

7# tinglisten

8# tingroom

Hi Mr/ Ms. Tingroom, thanks for propping me up. I  hope everybody enjoyed it too.

Extra-curriculum activities are attached great importance. Take music for example, the music teacher is so talented that he teaches students to play all sorts of instruments (piano, sax phone, violin...you name it). He's also the student choir director, a leader.

Here's Mr. Lawlis (some call him 劳力士), the Maestro. Don't you think he's very cool?

Mr. Lawlis and school's junior Orchestra playing Sax phone, flute and trumpet.

Christmas Choir -- As you can tell, there're many Asian students in the Choir. Many of them are Koreans because Christianity is popular among them (there're a couple of Korean churches in our city that serves mainly Korean immigrants).

A Chinese student playing two keyboards simultaneously, WOW!

hi,tinglisten,I really like the picture you shared,the pictures show me the life of yours in canada,I find so much difference from domestic school,so I am looking forwards to more,you can share with us your happiness and your love if you would like to ,haha,call me mr.jiang,good luck,i will keep my finger crossed.
9# tinglisten

give me a deep impression of your colourful school life
although i have been worked for more than 4 years,i still envy you
do you plan to work there?

hey tinglisten,how are you?whenever i come here,i always pay attention to your article,i really like the pictures and i really worship your english,and can we be friends and can you help me to improve my english?i am waiting your message.

i am wondering whether what is your major there?are you major in music or something related?

I lost myself in those exciting pictures,I could not help dancing and singing!!!!!I like your colourful daily life in Canada.

评分人数

• halo

本帖最后由 tinglisten 于 2010-3-9 11:52 PM 编辑

Thanks a lot, friends. It's a real surprise that I got so many replies!

Yoyo530521: hi Yoyo, life in China is awesome too, right?  Not sure if I'll go back to China
after university graduation. One thing is for sure: my parents want me back.

Chriscow: Hi, I only showed the fun part; I also study real hard and feel tired sometimes too.

hollo: Sure. I've improved my English in Canada because I speak and write a lot in English. I also read English novels a lot.  One more tip:come to Tingroom often!

retun: I'm actually taking prep courses, meaning the last stage before entering university. Hope I can go to a good one, bless me!

蒲柳小幽: Thanks a lot!  Yeah, the dancers are quite good!

So here's the city I'm living in: Hamilton, Ontario.

Hamilton is only one hour's ride from Toronto (to the North) and the Niagara Falls (to the South, border of USA).

It's not as large and bustling as Toronto. It has a population of half a million and lots of Asians are studying here, mostly at McMaster University and our school. Here's McMaster:

评分人数

• halo

Here're some pics from Wacky Day, a day on which we can wear bizarre clothes with apparent mismatches. It's just for fun and I agree it's an awesome way to relax! You'll see what I mean:

Take off the school uniforms and put on whatever clothes you like.

A girl in the front looks so much like He Jie (何洁),what do you think?

Chinese students also have outfits that can "shock" the others! Notice the makeup the boy is wearing.

Here's another day for fun called pajama Day.

评分人数

• x-ace

i can't see the picture.

Right, coz all the images are hosted on flickr. Some visitors might have issue viewing them.

Your pictures are so great. It's remarkable. 19# tinglisten

WOW!It's amazing!These pictures are really great!
I just arrived Cananda on July,your life is the envy of me,and I also hope I can have a wonderful life here.

返回列表