听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【每日英语故事9月6日】——天堂还是地狱
返回列表 发帖

【每日英语故事9月6日】——天堂还是地狱

A man died and was on his way to another world, either the Heaven or the hell. He saw an extremely magnificent
palace half way and the owner of the palace asked him to stay and live in the palace.

The man said, "I have been working arduously during my life and now I just want to eat and sleep without any work."

The owner of the palace said, "If so, there is nowhere else better than here for you. There are a wealth of seafood and delicacies in my palace and you can eat whatever you want without anyone stopping you. Moreover, you can rest assured that nothing needs to be done by you." Then, the man settled down in the palace.

At the beginning, the man felt very happy at the rotation of eating and sleeping. But gradually, he felt a bit lonely and void. So he went to the owner and groaned, "It is very tedious to live by just eating and sleeping every day. Now I show no interest in this kind of life any more. Could you help me find a job?"

The owner replied, "Sorry, there is no job here at all."

After another several months, the man could not bear the present life and went to the owner again, "I really could not stand this sort of life any more. If you do not offer me a job, I would prefer to go to the hell instead of living here."

The owner of the palace smiled contemptuously, "Do you think it is Heaven here? It is actually the hell!"

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

It is actually the hell

评分人数

• jane019

板凳。。。

we also thought about that, "no job is good"
but actually is not what we think.

评分人数

• jane019

好慢啊,

回复 5# ji7411

指的是网站吗?

Work makes our life more enrich

评分人数

• jane019

Heaven or hell I choose to heaven

评分人数

• jane019

It looks like very happy just eating and sleeping ,but it's very boring actually .

评分人数

• jane019

没工作的生活就是地狱吗?不!没有目标的生活才是地狱!!

It is not thought as extreme case about anything we meet.
No target life is a hell, I also think so.

评分人数

谢谢,让我可以在学习中成长

回复 12# uouo46

you are welcome.

返回列表