听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【每日英语故事9月14日】——你爱我什么
返回列表 发帖

【每日英语故事9月14日】——你爱我什么

John was waiting for the girl whose heart he knew, but whose face he didnt, the girl with the rose. Thirteen months ago, in a Florida library he took a book off the shelf and found himself intrigued with the notes in the margin. The soft handwriting reflected a thoughtful soul and insightfulmind.

In front of the book, he discovered the previousowners name, Miss Hollis Maynell. With time and effort he located her address. He wrote her a letter introducing himself and inviting her to correspond.

During the next year and one-month the two grew to know each other through the mail. A Romance was budding. John requested a photograph, but she refused. She felt that if he really cared, it wouldnt matter what she looked like. Later they scheduled their first meeting7:00 pm at Grand Central Station in New York.

"Youll recognize me, she wrote, by the red rose Ill be wearing on my lapel.So at 7:00 he was in the station looking for the girl with the red rose.

A young woman in a green suit was coming toward him, her figure long and slim and her eyes were blue as flowers. Almost uncontrollablyhe made one step closer to her, and just at this moment he saw Hollis Maynella woman well past 40. The girl was walking quickly away. He felt as though he split in two, so keen was his desire to follow her, and yet so deep was his longing for the woman whose spirit had truly companioned him and upheld his own.

He did not hesitate. He squared his shoulders and said, Im John, and you must be Miss Maynell. I am so glad you could meet me; may I take you to dinner?

The woman smiled, I dont know what this is about, son,she answered, but the young lady in the green suit begged me to wear this rose on my coat. And she said if you were to ask me out to dinner, I should tell you that she is waiting for you in the restaurant across the street. She said it was some kind of test!

Its not difficult to admire Miss Maynells wisdom. The true nature of a heart is seen in its response to the unattractive.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Miss Maynell is really a clever girl.

I always like a girl

If we are companioned with each other, it would not matter what we looked like

评分人数

• jane019

回复 3# klenglish

I cannot understand what you mean.

回复 2# tingroom

I hope we can be as clever as her .

本帖最后由 Easton 于 2012-9-17 09:59 编辑

admire

评分人数

• jane019

回复 2# tingroom

Yes,she is.

评分人数

• jane019

mark

水平还太差,半知半解。

回复 11# luigichli

多读几遍,慢慢就熟悉了。

I admires she is clever girl and it is a test for the wholehearted man. Suddenly I thinks now a few net friends see light dead.

评分人数

• jane019

It was a kind of test,but not many times.

评分人数

• jane019

I always like a girl

评分人数

• jane019

回复 14# Jeff_hu

you are right. but the cleaver men always have their own way .

I like the man.

评分人数

• jane019

我喜欢男孩的诚实,女孩的睿智

the man passedhe test and obtained a true love.

评分人数

返回列表