听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日音乐欣赏】 » Second Chance -- Peter Bjorn and John
返回列表 发帖

Second Chance -- Peter Bjorn and John

本帖最后由 Rachel0818 于 2013-5-10 10:08 编辑

本帖最后由 Rachel0818 于 2013-5-10 10:08 编辑 When you flew out of the nest You made a mistake Flew all the way back When you got back to your den One minute too late was already wrecked I, I It's a fraction of the hope but it's hard to control I, I get this straight You can't can't count on a second chance The second chance will never be found You can't can't count on a second try The second try will never come home You stick to what you knew before Don't know what you like Just made up your mind The picture still hangs on the wall From back in the day When you had it all I, I It's a fraction of the hope but it's hard to control I, I get this straight You can't can't count on a second chance The second chance will never be found You can't can't count on a second try The second try will never come home [x2] I, I It's a fraction of the hope but it's hard to control I, I get this straight You can't can't count on a second chance The second chance will never be found You can't can't count on a second try The second try will never come home

Peter Bjorn and John were formed in Stockholm, Sweden, in 1999. Made up of members Peter Morén on vocals, guitar, and harmonica; Björn Yttling on vocals, bass, vocals, and keyboards; and John Eriksson on drums, percussion, and vocals, the band is influenced by the sounds of classic '60s baroque pop, power pop, and new wave, but the guys aren't revivalists. Instead they created some of the most exciting and original indie rock of the mid-2000s. The band began playing gigs soon after forming and quickly began appearing on compilations alongside artists like Sahara Hotnights, Badly Drawn Boy, and Holiday for Strings. After releasing three singles (The Forbidden Chords EP, Failing and Passing, and I Don't Know What I Want Us to Do), the band released its self-titled first album in 2002 on the tiny Beat That! label. After more shows and more singles (People They Know, See Through) and an EP (100 M of Hurdles), the group jumped to the Planekonomi label in 2004 and released the Beats, Traps and Backgrounds EP. It was soon followed by the wonderful 2004 full-length release Falling Out, which was picked up for American release by Hidden Adenda in late 2005. The record placed them, along with the Concretes, the Shout Out Louds (both of whom Yttling has produced records for), and the Legends, at the forefront of the sparkling wave of great pop bands coming from Sweden. Their third album, Writer's Block, followed a year later, buoyed by the catchy single "Young Folks".

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

nest:巢穴
den:巢穴
wrecked:被击毁
fraction:部分
stick to:坚持

harmonica:口琴
percussion:击打乐器
baroque pop:巴洛克式的流行音乐
indie rock :独立摇滚乐
gig:演出

Rock & Roll