听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【每日英语故事9月25日】——伤疤之爱—母爱
返回列表 发帖

【每日英语故事9月25日】——伤疤之爱—母爱

本帖最后由 jane019 于 2012-9-25 10:46 编辑

A little boy invited his mother to attend his elementary school's first teacher-parent conference. To the little boy's dismay , she said she would go. This would be the first time that his classmates and teacher met his mother and he was embarrassed by her appearance. Although she was a beautiful woman, there was a severe scar that covered nearly the entire right side of her face. The boy never wanted to talk about why or how she got the scar.

At the conference, the people were impressed by the kindness and natural beauty of his mother despite the scar, but the little boy was still embarrassed and hid himself from everyone. He did, however, get within earshot of a conversation between his mother and his teacher, and heard them speaking.

"How did you get the scar on your face?" the teacher asked.

The mother replied, "When my son was a baby, he was in a room that caught on fire . Everyone was too afraid to go in because the fire was out of control, so I went in. As I was running toward his crib, I saw a beam coming down and I placed myself over him trying to protect him. I was knocked unconscious but fortunately, a fireman came in and saved both of us." She touched the burned side of her face. "This scar will be permanent , but to this day, I have never regretted doing what I did."

At this point, the little boy came out running towards his mother with tears in his eyes. He hugged her and felt an overwhelming sense of the sacrifice that his mother had made for him. He held her hand tightly for the rest of the day.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Sometimes,a scar is brave and love.(有时候,伤疤代表了勇气和爱。我这话用英语说的好象不对,楼主给纠正下吧)

评分人数

• jane019

回复 2# kengapple

Sometimes the scar means courage and love
我想这样表达好些,仅供参考。

earshot  ['ɪəʃɒt]
n. 听力所及之范围

dismay n.沮丧

Thank you!

回复 4# kobe

it is my pleasure.

mother's live is Selfless,we should care our mother.

评分人数

• jane019

Motherly love is selfless. We should care for our mothers.
我想这样好些,仅供参考。

回复 3# jane019

It's better than mine.thank you very  much!

好感人啊!!!

I love this store!Mother is the greatest  person in the world !

评分人数

• jane019

返回列表