听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 【美文】 »自由思想与心灵的作用-part.3完结
返回列表 发帖

【美文】 »自由思想与心灵的作用-part.3完结

I believe in the human race. I believe in the warm heart. I believe in man's integrity. I believe in the goodness of a free society. And I believe that the society can remain good only as long as we are willing to fight for it — and to fight against whatever imperfections may exist.My fight was against the barriers that kept Negroes out of baseball. This was the area where I found imperfection, and where I was best able to fight. And I fought because I knew it was not doomed to be a losing fight. It couldn't be a losing fight-not when it took place in a free society. And in the largest sense, I believe that what I did was done for me — that it was my faith in God that sustained me in my fight. And that what was done for me must and will be done for others.

中文翻译:

我相信人类。我相信热诚的心。我相信人们的正直与诚实。我相信自由社会中的美德。我相信只要我们愿意为之奋斗,愿意与所存在的缺陷抗争到底,这个社会就能永远美好。棒球比赛将黑人拒之门外就是人类社会的一种缺陷。既然我有这个能力,我就要和这种现象抗争到底。我抗争,因为我知道这场战斗并非注定以失败告终。这场战斗不会失败——在一个自由社会中这场战斗不可能失败。大而言之,我所做到的一切都市上苍的眷顾——正是我对上帝的信仰支撑着我,给我抗争的勇气。我相信被眷顾的不仅仅是我一个人,而应是、也将是我们所有人。

我相信,请你也相信!

fight it! fight it!

返回列表