听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【11月3日】——如果回到十八岁,我要对自己说(3)
返回列表 发帖

【11月3日】——如果回到十八岁,我要对自己说(3)

22、Choose Experience over Material Possessions

23、If you're ever faced with the choice of upgrading your lifestyle (an apartment by yourself, a new car, new clothes, etc.) or working less so you can experience more; chose the latter.

24、When I was your age, I thought I needed to have nice stuff so girls would like me. I ended up working so hard to pay for the stuff that I didn't have time to meet girls.

25、Working hard is for grown-ups. Be a kid for as long as you can, even if it means living with a roommate in a crappy apartment and riding your bike around town.

26、Besides, girls aren't going to like you for awhile anyway. What they really want is a man with a little confidence and life experience under his belt. Working too hard will just delay that process.

27、Be Confident

28、Oh yeah, you might as well get a head start on your confidence. Believe in yourself no matter what. Don't let self-doubt ruin your chance to meet a new girl or to try something new.

29、I know I just said that girls aren't going to like you anyway, but that's not entirely true. While you are accumulating the wisdom that comes with life experiences, your best shot is to project confidence.

30、Always act like you know what you're doing, even if you don't. The biggest turn-off for a girl is self-doubt. If she still doesn't like you, take it with grace and move on quickly.

31、Don't start doubting yourself if you get turned down. You're going to get turned down A LOT before you finally get the girl.

32、Don't Get Attached

33、When you finally do get a girlfriend, take it easy. Along the same line as not trying to grow up too quickly, don't fall into the trap of thinking that this is the best girl you'll ever get. The second biggest turnoff for a girl is an 18 year old guy who's already thinking about marriage.

34、Relax a little and enjoy the moment. Besides, you're going to have several girlfriends before you find “the one.” How are you going to be able to know what you want if you don't have anything to compare it to?

35、As you get older, you'll naturally become more attractive to women. I had no idea this was true when I was your age. I thought that I was as attractive as I'd ever be. Not true.

36、It gets easier, I promise.

参考译文

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

如果能回到18岁就好了!

it is impossbile

返回列表