听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日音乐欣赏】 » Don't Dream It's Over -- Sixpence None the Richer
返回列表 发帖

Don't Dream It's Over -- Sixpence None the Richer

本帖最后由 Rachel0818 于 2013-5-10 10:04 编辑

本帖最后由 Rachel0818 于 2013-5-10 10:04 编辑 [by: There is freedom within, there is freedom without   Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup   There’s a battle ahead, many battles are lost   But you’ll never see the end of the road   While you’re traveling with me Chorus:   Hey now, hey now, don’t dream it’s over   Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in They come, they come   To build a wall between us   We know they won’t win   Now I’m towing1 my car, there’s a hole in the roof   My possessions2 are causing me suspicion3 but there’s no proof   In the paper today tales of war and of waste   But you turn right over to the T.V. page (Chorus)   Now I’m walking again to the beat of a drum   And I’m counting the steps to the door of your heart   Only shadows ahead barely4 clearing the roof   Get to know the feeling of liberation and relief5 (Chorus)   Hey now, hey now, don’t dream it’s over   Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in

就像是一抹微温的阳光,sixpence none the richer 在90年代的尾巴为乐坛重新营造出那份和谐美好的流行摇滚气息,2000年春季,乐团展开新专辑的录制创作,不过,出身独立厂牌 的他们却在此时陷入主流厂牌的合约争夺战而担搁了筹备工作,主唱leigh nash与乐团创作核心matt slocum却也没让这段沉默时光过于安静,2001年春季,leigh nash与温哥华电音情境创作团队delerium合作的"innocente(falling in love)"打进billboard舞曲榜top 5,再与另类摇滚英雄los straitjackets翻玩老歌"the end of the world",2001年岁末,为班艾佛列克与葛妮丝派特洛主演的文艺片《当真爱来敲门》演唱片尾主题曲"need to be next to you",再添一首抒情榜top 20,matt slocum则是投身'纳许维尔东区创意艺术中心'的创建,希望能为乐坛挖掘年轻新进。

加盟reprise音乐厂牌后,sixpence none the richer于2002年岁末推出新作《divine discontent》,除了包括sean kelly(吉他)、justin clay(贝斯)在内的四位团员外,乐团又加入rob mitchell(鼓手)、jerry dale mcfadden(键盘)两位新朋友,专辑由matt slocum与制作名家paul cox (10000 maniacs、xtc、the wallflowers)联手制作,并力邀录音大将tom lord-alge(avril lavigne、billy joel、weezer、pete yorn)跨刀。leigh nash用细柔歌声轻轻的传达歌词中对现实世界里的真爱、失落、恐惧与信仰的描述,乐团则在旋律情境空间的亮度与质感掌握上更见 用心,让写意情韵绽放更迷人的听觉感受,像是心醉神往的迷情单曲"breathe your name"、活络摇滚筋骨的畅快之作"tonight"、"waiting on the sun"、展现古典弦乐优雅伤怀气氛的情境佳构"tension is a passing note",还有leigh nash单独执笔创作的"down and out of time"与"eyes wild open",以及重新诠释crowded house乐团87年亚军成名作"don't dream it's over",甜美可人的sixpence none the richer这回多了属于成长的哀愁,惊喜悦耳之余,蕴藏更动人的感受.

Named in honor of a passage from C.S. Lewis Mere Christianity, the Austin, TX-based CCM trio Sixpence None the Richer began taking shape in the early 90s, when guitarist Matt Slocum first met vocalist Leigh Nash (nee Bingham) at a church retreat. Initially a trio rounded out by bassist T.J. Behling, the group recorded a 1993 demo which led to their signing with the R.E.X. label; their debut LP, The Fatherless & the Widow, appeared soon after. With rhythm guitarist Tess Wiley, new bassist J.J. Plasencio and drummer Dale Baker, Sixpence None the Richer toured before returning to the studio to record their sophomore effort, 1995s This Beautiful Mess; the Tickets for a Prayer Wheel EP followed later that same year. Both Wiley and Plasencio exited prior to the groups next LP, an eponymously titled effort issued in 1997. Two years later, the band achieved their greatest success with the single Kiss Me. The song was featured on the third season to the WB drama Dawsons Creek and catapulted Sixpence None the Richers starpower into the mainstream. Praise continued; the bands rendition of The Las There She Goes was also a major hit thanks to its inclusion in the Nickolodeon film Snow Day. The new millennium look bright as well; despite the departure of founding drummer Dale Baker in 2001, Sixpence None the Richer gathered material for a fourth album. Rob Mitchell replaced Baker and the band inked a new deal with Reprise. In fall 2002, Sixpence None the Richer returned to form with the lushly beautiful Divine Discontent. The bands cover of the Crowded House classic Dont Dream Its Over pushed Sixpence None the Richers name back into the charts in early 2003; the songs inclusion on the soundtrack to the WBs Smallville was a major hit among the teen audience.

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

“我最爱的朋友们,再苦也不要忘了梦想”

再苦也不要忘了梦想

回复 7# kobe

Thank you!

don't dream it' over

很有feel!

回复 9# icefire

never give up

回复 10# 心魔作祟

the melody feels so well

回复 12# sunny萝卜