听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日音乐欣赏】 » Up on the Downside -- Ocean Colour Scene
返回列表 发帖

Up on the Downside -- Ocean Colour Scene

本帖最后由 Rachel0818 于 2013-5-10 10:03 编辑

本帖最后由 Rachel0818 于 2013-5-10 10:03 编辑 TITLE:Up On The Downside Artist:Ocean Colour Scene Album:Mechanical Wonder This england made me Between the war and a rockets flying You found the crib that saves me And teach me wrong and right Then the world was talking It never got it’s chance to say When there’s too much talking Nobody hears the words you say You won’t see Baby now I want you These blind communications Only last throughout the year And half of what we’re saying Is halfway in a truth And blind communications For a million hearts and fools I am a witness To a land of a million fools All placing bets on life Then hate the ones you lose And all the lonely Never get the chance to say That their one and only Would be the chance to even play You won’t see Baby now I want you These blind communications Only last throughout the year And half of what we’re saying Is halfway in a truth And blind communications For a million hearts and fools Hello monday The week is just a blur I’ve been burning bridges And now I’m begging at your door So I keep on working ’cause it’s a chance for me to pay But too much talking When you believe the words I say You won’t see Baby now I want you These blind communications Only last throughout the year And half of what we’re saying Is halfway in a truth And blind communications For a million hearts and fools

由三位白人加上一位黑人组成的OCEAN COLOUR SCENE乐队组建于一九八九年,活跃歌坛已有十余年,这期间乐队发展之路颇为坎坷。OCEAN COLOUR SCENE风格特征也许不象BLUR、SUEDE、PULP、RADIOHEAD那么明显,但在对歌曲的处理水准和表演水准方面却并不逊色于那些更为著名的乐队。95年凭《MOSE LEY SHOAL》专辑走出困境,由黑转红。OCEAN COLOUR SCENE的音乐风格多年来一直摇摆不定,一会儿受“地下丝绸”影响,一会儿又改走JAM路线,也受到THE ROLLING STONES的影响,后来改走迷幻R&B风格,广收博取使得OCEAN COLOUR SCENE的音乐听来和同期走红的那批BRIT-POP乐队不太一样。相比之下,OCEAN COLOUR SCENE这张专辑的摇滚味更浓一些,而且不单单是英国式的,还稍带点美国味、民摇摇滚味,这是这支英国乐队的一个比较耐人寻味的地方。“PROFIT IN PEACE”那份让人禁不住随之摇动的节奏感,“SO LOW”的轻松平和,“I AM THE NEWS”那种THE KINKS式粗糙流畅的噪音效果,“FAMILIES”的充满张力,“JULY”的颇具实验色彩的配器,“SOUL DRIVE”BLUE式的轻松随意加上CREAM式的重布鲁斯吉他,“I WONT GET GRAZED”的COUNTING CROWS式的悦耳感性,“THE WAVES”中类似管风琴的电声效果,都给人留下了深刻的效果。OLS的音乐的确非常丰富,不同凡响。

Falling between the energetic pop/rock of mod revival and the psychedelic experimentations of Traffic, Ocean Colour Scene came to be one of the leading bands of the traditionalist, post-Oasis British rock of the mid-90s. Although they had formed in the late 80s and had several hits during the height of Madchester in the early 90s, the band didnt earn a large following until 1996, when their second album, Moseley Shoals, became a multi-platinum success story in the U.K. Their ascent was greatly aided by Paul Weller and Oasis Noel Gallagher, who both publicly praised Ocean Colour Scene for keeping the flame of real rock & roll burning during the 90s. And, according to one specific definition, they were right, since Ocean Colour Scene was nothing if not rock & roll traditionalists, drawing heavily from British Invasion pop, psychedelia, soul, R&B, and blues-rock to create a reverential homage to classic rock. Their devotion to trad rock may have earned them decidedly mixed reviews, but that was the very thing that earned them a sizable following.

Ocean Colour Scene is comprised of Steve Cradock (lead guitar, keyboards, vocals), Simon Fowler (lead vocals, guitar), Damon Minchella (bass), and Oscar Harrison (drums). Prior to forming in 1990, the members of the band had played in a variety of other groups. During the late 80s, Cradock played in a mod revival band called the Boys. Though they released an independent EP called Happy Days and supported former Small Faces frontman Steve Marriott, the band never gained much of an audience. At the same time the Boys were active, Fowler and Minchella were in a Velvet Underground-influenced group called Fanatics, who released an EP, Surburban Love Songs, on the independent label Chapter 22 in the spring of 1989. Following the release of the single, the groups original drummer, Caroline Bullock, was replaced by Harrison, who had previously played with a reggae/soul band called Echo Base. Shortly after Harrison joined Fanatics, the group split up. Several months after their disbandment, Fowler, Minchella, and Harrison formed Ocean Colour Scene with Cradock, whom they met at a Stone Roses concert.

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

返回列表