听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » 3月25日环球资讯:strong response to google
返回列表 发帖

3月25日环球资讯:strong response to google

read the news carefully and then write down your opinion on google's pull back

China began censoring Google's restructured Chinese search service yesterday, signalling a strong response to the US company's move to end its four-year compliance with the country's tough online restrictions.

中国昨日开始对谷歌(Google)重组后的中国搜索服务进行过滤审查,显示中国对谷歌不再配合其严格网络限制的举动作出强烈回应。此前这家美国公司遵循中国审查制度已有四年。

While stopping short of blocking Google outright, Chinese authorities appeared to be filtering search results more aggressively than they do other foreign internet sites.

尽管没有完全封堵谷歌网站,但与其它海外网站受到的对待相比,中国官方似乎对谷歌搜索结果进行了更严厉的过滤审查。

Announcing its decision on Monday to end compliance with local censors and instead send search queries from inside China to Hong Kong, Google said that the arrangement “will meaningfully increase access to information for people in China”.

谷歌在周一宣布,公司决定终止遵循中国审查制度,而将把源自中国内地的搜索请求转至香港。谷歌称,这种安排“将显著提升中国内地人民对信息的获取。”

But that statement was challenged by internet users in China on Tuesday, as many politically sensitive searches done on the Hong Kong engine from the mainland turned up blank pages.

但这一声明周二受到中国互联网用户的挑战,因为中国内地用户向香港搜索引擎提交的许多政治敏感性搜索,都只能得到空白页面。

Searches on Google for the names of Chinese leaders turned up an error message saying “the web page cannot be displayed”, while the same searches delivered results on websites inside the mainland as well as other foreign search engines.

在谷歌上搜索中国领导人的姓名,只能得到一条错误信息:“本网页无法显示”,而同样的搜索请求在中国本土和其它海外搜索引擎上均得到了结果。

“In the immediate term, clearly the Chinese net user loses,” said Rebecca MacKinnon, an expert on the China internet. “In the longer term, the impact is really hard to predict. We don't have any precedent to go on.”

“短期而言,显然吃亏的是中国网民,”中国互联网专家麦康瑞(Rebecca MacKinnon)表示。“就更长期而言,影响真的难以预料。我们找不到任何可以借鉴的先例。”

While apparently acting aggressively against Google, however, Chinese authorities stopped short of imposing an outright block on access to the Hong Kong search service, as many experts had feared.

尽管中国官方显然对谷歌采取了严厉行动,但当局并没有像许多专家曾经担心的那样,全面封堵内地网民对香港搜索服务的访问。

I don't think it is good for Baidu.If Baidu haven't got competitors, it wil be become worse and worse.Maybe we will find another way to have got a new competitor.

评分人数

• tingroom

I believe  you !

I agree with  you

In my opinion, the best way to eliminate the impact Google is to bring to the coutry is to esteblish a new searching engine of our own authority: neither to be confined by Google's reaction nor monopolized by Baidu alone.
  Right?

评分人数

• tingroom

I've found one useful expression, that's
"In the immediate term,"
meaning"短期而言"

评分人数

• tingroom

6# 元凯 i believe it will be a good idea.

great

返回列表