听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 【美文】Going Home 回家part.3
返回列表 发帖

【美文】Going Home 回家part.3

In the morning, they awoke outside another Howard Johnson's,and this time Vingo went in. The girl insisted that he join them. He seemed very shy, and ordered black coffee and smoked nervously as the young people chattered about sleeping on beaches. When they returned to the bus, the girl sat with Vingo again, and after a while, slowly and painfully, he told his story. He had been in jail in New York for the past four years, and now he was going home.

早上,他们醒来时汽车停在另一个约翰逊连锁餐馆前,这回温格也进去了。那个女孩极力邀请他参加他们的团体。但他看起来很腼腆,当那班年轻人谈论着在海滨该怎么过夜时,他则独自一人呆在一边喝黑咖啡,还不停地抽烟,显得有些局促不安。当他们回到车上时,那个女孩又坐到他身边,过了一会儿,温格才缓慢而且痛楚地诉说起他的经历。他在纽约的监狱里呆了四年,现在他假释回家了。

“Are you married?”

“你结婚了吗?”

“I don't know.”

“我不知道。”

“You don't know?” she said.

“你不知道?”那女孩很奇怪。

“Well, when I was in jail I wrote to my wife,” he said. “ I told her that I was going to be away a long time, and that if she couldn't stand it, if the kids kept asking questions, if it hurt too much, well, she could just forget me, I'd understand. Get a new guy, I saidshe‘s a wonderful woman,really somethingand forget about me. I told her she didn't have to write me for nothing. And she didn‘t. Not for three and a half years.”

“是这样,我在狱中时曾给我妻子写过一封信”他说,“告诉她我要离开很长一段时间,如果她忍受不了,如果孩子不断追问,如果这使她非常痛苦,那么她可以忘了我,我会理解的。我叫她重新嫁人,我知道她是个很不错的女人,真的不一般。我让她忘了我,我让她别给我写回信,因为这没有用,她也真没回信,我已有三年半没有她的音信了。”

“And you're going home now, not knowing?”

“那么你就这样盲目地回家去?”

I want part.4!!!!

回复 2# kobe

恩 !好的
kobe 元旦回家吗?

我明天就回咯,差不多毕业了

回复 4# kobe

好早啊。这算是元旦放假?

返回列表