听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日音乐欣赏】 » God Is Love -- The Innocence Mission
返回列表 发帖

God Is Love -- The Innocence Mission

Rain or shine, this street of mine is golden.
Rain or shine, this street of mine is golden
with the gold of hickory leaves.
I can walk under these clouds.
Rain or shine, this street of mine is golden.
下雨或是晴天,这条路是金色的。
在金色的山胡桃叶上,我行走在这片密云下
下雨或是晴天,这条路是金色的。

God is love
and love will never fail me.
God is love
上帝是爱,
爱永不言败;
上帝是爱,
爱将永不止息。

If I’m driving there today
and I really am this afraid,
God is love
如果今天我走到了终点,
我想我真的会感到害怕
但上帝是爱,
爱将永不言败。

Some birds I know are moving on this weekend.
And I’m under the sky, I am on the ground, with my coat.
我知道这个周末,有些鸟儿要迁徙去远方,
裹着我的外套我躺在草地上望着天空,
我知道这个周末,有些鸟儿要迁徙去远方。

God is love
God is love
And some days I will decide
to let everything else go by.
God is love
上帝是爱,
祂永不会撇下我。
总有一天我会让这一切成为过去,
上帝是爱,
祂永不会丢弃我。

Centered around the husband-and-wife songwriting team of Don Peris (vocals, guitar) and Karen Peris (vocals, guitar, piano), Lancaster, PA, natives the Innocence Mission crafted a tasteful, politically correct brand of collegiate folk-pop similar to Sarah McLachlan or 10,000 Maniacs (in fact, the Perises appeared on Natalie Merchants 1998 album Ophelia). With a rhythm section composed of bassist Mike Bitts and drummer Steve Brown, the Innocence Mission released their eponymous debut album in 1989; Umbrella followed in 1991. Thanks to the advent of the adult alternative radio format, the Innocence Mission were able to break out to a wider audience with the release of their third album, 1995s Glow; material from the album appeared on the soundtrack of the film Empire Records and on the television show Party of Five. The Innocence Mission remained quiet for several years, as the Perises made guest appearances on albums by Merchant, John Hiatt, and Joni Mitchell, in addition to having their first child. The latter experience greatly informed the groups fourth album, 1999s Birds of My Neighborhood, which witnessed the departure of drummer Brown, leaving the group officially a three-piece. The following year, the Innocence Mission released a limited-edition devotional album, Christ is My Hope, on their own Innocence imprint; in 2001, the group moved to What Are Records for Small Planes, which featured some songs from the Birds of My Neighborhood sessions that didnt make it onto that album. Befriended arrived in 2003 on the Badman label.

纯真使团(the Innocence Mission )是一组来自美国宾夕法尼亚州兰卡斯特由Don Peris(主音,吉他)和Karen Peris(主音,吉他,钢琴)夫妻为核心的创作组合,他们的音乐营造出一种优美动听,抛开政治态度的全新校园流行民谣,有如Sarah McLachlan和10,000 Maniacs一般清新纯净,沁人心脾(Peris夫妇也确实在10,000 Maniacs主唱Natalie Merchant1998年专辑Ophelia中献声)。1989年发行了首张同名专辑,由贝司手Mike Bitts和鼓手Steve Brown担纲创作了旋律部分;而在1991年随之发行专辑Umbrella。成人另类广播的出现,让纯真使团随着1995年专辑Glow的发行而一夜成名,专辑中的部分素材还出现在电影Empire原声大碟和电视节目Party of Five中。乐队在接下来的几年较为沉寂,Peris夫妇主要在Merchant, John Hiatt和Joni Mitchell的个人专辑中做嘉宾客串表演,而在这一时期他们第一个孩子出生了。之后他们的精力主要用于第四张专辑,1999年发行的Birds of My Neighborhood,这张专辑之后,鼓手Brown离开,乐队只剩三人。2000年,乐队在由自创的Innocence唱片公司发行了一张限量版的宗教音乐专辑Christ is My Hope。2001年,乐队移师what are唱片公司,发行专辑Small Planes,其中收录了几首Birds of My Neighborhood的后备曲目。2003年,由Badman唱片公司发行新专辑Befriended。

返回列表