听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 英语听力选择填空题(中级):Budget Hotel Rooms
返回列表 发帖

英语听力选择填空题(中级):Budget Hotel Rooms

1. Where is the man's room in the hotel?
A. the first floor
B. the second floor
C. the third floor

2. What time is breakfast served in the morning?
A. 6:00-10:30 a.m.
B. 6:30-10:30 a.m.
C. 6:30-10:00 a.m.

3. Where can the man get a free wireless Internet connection?
A. in his hotel room
B. in the restaurant and lobby
C. outside of the hotel

4. What is the cost for a refrigerator in the man's room?
A. $7.50
B. $10.00
C. It's free. Of course!

5. What does the man decide to do at the end of the conversation?
A. He accepts the unfortunate circumstances and stays at the hotel.
B. He is really upset and decides to stay at the hotel across the street.
C. He reschedules his hotel reservation for a different day.

答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

对照文本

Man: Hi. I have a reservation for tonight, and I just want to check in.
Hotel Clerk: Sure. What's your name?

Man: Uh. Mike Adams.

Hotel Clerk: Okay. Let me check here. Um. Here's your key to open your door. You're in room 360. Just walk down this hall [Okay.], and you'll see the elevators on your right.

Man: Oh, okay, and what time is the restaurant open for breakfast?

Hotel Clerk: It serves breakfast from 6:30-10 a.m.

Man: Oh, okay. And, uh, where's the exercise room? I'd like to, you know, run a couple of miles before going to bed tonight.

Hotel Clerk: It's on the second floor, and it's open til 10 tonight [Okay.], but the treadmill isn't working.

Man: Oh, oh well. And one final question. Do you have wireless Internet in the rooms?

Hotel Clerk: We DO [Ah!]. . . for $7.95 a night.

Man: Uhhh, I thought something like that would be free.

Hotel Clerk: No, sorry, sir but you can get free wireless access if you sit in the parking lot on the far north side. [Oh!] You see, the hotel next to us has wireless and . . . .

Man: Oh, great. Um, and uh . . . forget that. And every room has a refrigerator, right?

Hotel Clerk: Well, we can have one put in your room for an additional ten dollars a night.

Man: Ahhhh. I thought something like that would be included in the price of the room.

Hotel Clerk: Sorry, sir.

Man: Well, you know, it . . . it kind of irks me it when hotels nickel-and-dime their customers like this. I mean, I checked with sev(eral hotels) . . . I mean I checked with sev(eral hotels) . . .

Hotel Clerk: You really should have checked this one too, shouldn't you have, buddy.

Man: (Laughing) I . . . I guess that I . . . I'm all flustered now. I mean all the other hotels provide these amenities for free.

Hotel Clerk: Sorry, sir. It's just the way it is at this hotel.

Man: And the bed? Is that extra too?

Hotel Clerk: Of course . . . NOT.

Man: Oh. I've had it. I'll just try the hotel across the street. I'm sure they'll give me better service.

Hotel Clerk: Okay, but you'd be canceling your reservation here, so we'll have to charge you a cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of the room.

Man: Ahhhh, forget it. I can't win either way. What's my room again?

Hotel Clerk: Three sixty (360).

Man: Ughhhhhh!!!

Key Vocabulary
mile (noun): 1 mile = 1.6 kilometers
- Drive down this road about three miles, and you'll see the hotel on the right side of the street.
treadmill (noun): a piece of exercise equipment that moves a belt as you run or walk on it
- The exercise room at the hotel has two treadmills, so you should be able to run a little before we go out tonight.
irk (verb): someone or something that bothers you
- It really irks me whenever a hotel room isn't clean.
nickel-and-dime (verb): take away someone's money by making the person pay small amounts for something (also an adjective as in "a nickel-and-dime store")
- That hotel will nickel-and-dime you to death for every service they provide. It's not worth staying there.
buddy or buddy boy (noun): used when speaking to a man or boy, especially when you are annoyed with that person (use with caution because it can be rude depending on the situation)
- Look, buddy. I'm in the room next door, so if you don't turn down the TV and start the loud party, I'm going to call the hotel's front desk and complain.
be flustered (adjective): be in a bothered or confused state
- The hotel guest was really flustered when I couldn't figure out how to open his hotel room door.
provide (verb): give or make something available
- The mall can provide you with everything that you need for the trip.
amenities (noun): things or services that make you comfortable
- We chose this hotel because of the many amenities available to guests.
I've had it (idiom): used to say that someone is tired or annoyed by something
- My wife has had it with this hotel's poor service, so we've decided to check out and go somewhere else.
fee (noun): an amount of money you pay for something
- - Many hotels charge additional fees for wireless Internet and other services, so be sure to check carefully before making a hotel reservation.

CAABA

ccbbb

CCCBA

返回列表