听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 英语听力选择填空题(中级):College Majors
返回列表 发帖

英语听力选择填空题(中级):College Majors

1. Where does the conversation most likely take place?
A. in a college dormitory
B. in a unversity classroom
C. at the school's library

2. What year is the woman in college?
A. second year
B. third year
C. fourth year

3. Which statement is NOT true about her paying for college?
A. She is currently repaying student loans.
B. She has worked to earn college tuition.
C. She received a scholarship.

4. What is her future job situation?
A. She will work in her father's business after she graduates.
B. She wants to go on to graduate school the following month.
C. She hopes to have interviews with different companies soon.

5. What surprising information do we find out at the end of the conversation?
A. The woman is dating the man's business teacher.
B. Paul Jones, a college teacher, is the woman's father.
C. The man and woman are actually long-lost relatives.

答案回复可见
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

对照文本

Man: I wonder if this is going to be an interesting class.
Woman: Yeah. Me too. So, what's your major?

Man: Well, I've been batting around the idea of going into business, but I haven't decided yet. And my dad keeps telling me I have to choose a major, but I'm undeclared at the moment.

Woman: Ah, that's what happened to me my freshman year.

Man: Oh, so what year are you in school?

Woman: I'm a senior, and I only have to take 10 more credits to graduate. Yeah!

Man: Well. That must feel great to be almost finished with school.

Woman: You can say that again, but once I graduate, I have to start repaying a student loan, so I'm not looking forward to that.

Man: But didn't your parents help you out with your college tuition?

Woman: No. My dad said he wasn't made of money, so he thought I should earn my own education, so I worked like crazy in the summer and part-time during the school year to cover most of my costs. [Well, that's parents for you.] And, I received some financial aid and a scholarship one year, which really saved me. [Ah, that's nice.] But this past year, school has been more demanding, so I haven't been able to work as much.

Man: Well, you know, at least you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Woman: That's true.

Man: Well, have you lined up a job yet?

Woman: Not yet, but I'm trying to line up a few interviews at the job fair next month.

Man: Well, at least you have some ideas on your future. I mean, I'm taking a business class right now, and the teacher always lectures us by saying that life is difficult, and we should prepare for our futures by setting realistic goals. And the only place that success comes before . . .

Woman: . . . work is in the dictionary. {Yeah!?] Yeah. I've heard that all before. Let me guess. Is your teacher Paul Jones?

Man: Yeah. How do you know? I mean, did you have him too? I mean, the guy is, you know, he's just really . . .

Woman: He's my dad. Yeap.

Man: Your dad? I mean, I didn't mean anything by what I said. I wasn't bad-mouthing him or anything. I mean he's a good teacher and all. It's just that . . .

Woman: . . . he's a dad. That's what dads do. Lecture. He has about a thousand sermons on life, and he always shares them in his classes.

Man: Yeah. Well, um . . . , nice talking with you. I have . . . I have to go.

Woman: Same here. Bye. I'll tell Mr. Jones you said hello, and maybe we can study together at my house? [Nah, nah, nah . . .]

Key Vocabulary

so: often used when changing the topic of the conversation
- So, what do you want to do after you graduate?
bat around (idiom): consider different choices, including the positive and negative points of each option
- My daughter batted around a few ideas on where to travel over the holidays until she settled on Hawaii.
you can say that again (idiom): used when completely agreeing with someone
- So, you think the teacher is too difficult? You can say that again.
help out (phrasal verb): help someone who is in need, especially when they have problems
- Because my parents are old, I try to help them out whenever I can.
see the light at the end of the tunnel (idiom): something that gives you hope for the future after a period of difficult problems or challenges
- College life was difficult, but by my last semester, I felt more relaxed because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel: graduation was just around the corner.
line up (phrasal verb): arrange
- I need to line up an appointment with my school advisor by the end of the week.
realistic (realistic): actually possible
- My younger brother isn't very realistic; he thinks he can get a great-paying job right out of high school without any training.
bad-mouth (idiom): criticize
- He always bad-mouths people behind their backs. If you have anything to say about people, it's best to say it to their faces.
sermon (noun): a talk with moral advice about life
- The minister gave an interesting sermon at church this past week about serving others in need.

bcbbb

BCBCB

College Majors are not easy to get

bad-mouth

返回列表