返回列表 发帖

California-Delta Spirit

歌曲名:California
歌手elta Spirit
专辑elta Spirit

Delta Spirit - California
I want you to move to California for yourself,
I want you to find whatever your heart needs,
I want you to move to California for yourself, but not for me.
I want you to go out there and find somebody else,
I want him to treat you like I know he should,
I want you to find somebody new for yourself, if not for me.
All of the feelings that I know you never felt,
And all of the simple words you never said,
I want you to keep them like a secret to yourself,
they’re not for me.
I want you to wander silent past my outstretched arms,
I want you to hide yourself from all I see,
And though my heart will fight until its dying breath,
you’re not for me.
I want you to move to California for yourself,
I want you to find whatever your heart needs,
I want you to move to California for yourself, but not for me

2004年,当圣迭戈的EMO乐队Noise Ratchet(听歌)宣告解散之后,乐队创始人Jon Jameson(贝斯)和Brandon Young(鼓)决定继续他们的朋克理念,然而过去的EMO风格在他们看来已经没什么意思了,想做点儿别人没做过的新东西。想了半天,两个人决定让朋克与灵魂音乐或者说根源音乐相结合。于是两个人离开了Rick Rubin的公司Def Jam,找来主唱Matthew Vasquez和吉他手Sean Walker以及一个号称全能乐手的Kelly Winrich组建了这支Delta Spirit。

乐队创作磨合了两年,终于在2006年发表首张EP《I Think I've Found It》,并拉上Cold War Kids与Dr. Dog一块儿巡演,路上十分顺利,乐队知名度也有所提高。一年之后,他们发表了自己的首张专辑《Ode to Sunshine》,然而那时他们并没有签约公司,而是自资录制,独立发行。直到前不久,才被Rounder唱片招安,重新做了混音和后期,得以正式出版。虽然说自己没有放弃朋克,但专辑听上去却像是带有另类乡村味道的独立摇滚。

After the San Diego-based emo outfit Noise Ratchet called it quits in 2004, co-founders Jon Jameson (bass) and Brandon Young (drums) decided to ditch their punk-influenced songwriting for something more soulful and rootsy. The two left Rick Rubin's American label (which had signed Noise Ratchet several years prior) and joined forces with vocalist Matthew Vasquez, guitarist Sean Walker, and multi-instrumentalist Kelly Winrich to form Delta Spirit. Pitching their style between the indie rock and alt-country camps, the group issued an EP entitled I Think I've Found It in 2006 and hit the road alongside Cold War Kids and Dr. Dog. Delta Spirit's debut album, Ode to Sunshine, was released by the bandmates themselves in 2007, followed by a remastered edition in 2008 courtesy of the band's new label, Rounder Records.

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

"I want you to move to California for yourself"

不知不觉就跟着节奏动起来了

返回列表