听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语新闻】 » Paypal总裁马库斯将加入Facebook
返回列表 发帖

Paypal总裁马库斯将加入Facebook

The president of eBay's payments business PayPal is stepping down to join Facebook where he will lead its messaging products business.

eBay支付事业部Paypal总裁即将离职加入Facebook,他将在Facebook通讯产品部门担任领导。

eBay said David Marcus, who has led the division for the past two years, would leave the firm on 27 June.

eBay president John Donahoe said Paypal's leadership team would report directly to him until a successor was found.

Mr Donahoe added that PayPal was on track to meet expectations for 2015.

PayPal, which accounted for 41% of eBay's revenues in 2013, has 148 million active accounts.

Under Mr Marcus's leadership it has expanded into mobile payments, and Mr Marcus said he was leaving the business with a "strong leadership team in place".

In a Facebook post, Mr Marcus said he'd decided to join Facebook after a meeting with its chief executive Mark Zuckerberg.

"At first, I didn't know whether another big company gig was a good thing for me, but Mark's enthusiasm, and the unparalleled reach and consumer engagement of the Facebook platform ultimately won me over," he wrote.

"I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty again attempting to build something new and meaningful at scale," he added.

'Incredibly excited'

In a statement, Facebook said Mr Marcus would be vice president of messaging products at Facebook, a newly created role.

It said it was "incredibly excited" to work with Mr Marcus who had "taught himself to write code at the age of 8 and launched his first start-up at the age of 23".

Facebook spokeswoman Vanessa Chan said Mr Marcus would oversee the Messenger service within its social network as well as the free Messenger mobile app.

Facebook is trying to grow its private messaging features in the face of stiff competition from new start-up messaging service rivals such as Snapchat and Line.

In February, Facebook said it would buy WhatsApp for $19bn.

更多英语新

返回列表