听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 英语听力选择填空题(高级)-Landscaping Secrets
返回列表 发帖

英语听力选择填空题(高级)-Landscaping Secrets

1. What is one problem with the man's trees?
A. The branches are very old and long.
B. The trees dump too many leaves into the yard.
C. The dogs are scared of them during storms.

2. The tree was planted ______________ years ago.
A. 20
B. 23
C. 25

3. What happens to the dog when he eats the walnuts?
A. He pukes all over the place.
B. He chokes on them and can`t breathe.
C. He suffers from intestinal problems.

4. Why is the neighbor able to cut the other man's trees?
A. Some of the branches cross over into the neighbor's yard.
B. The trees are becoming a real fire danger.
C. He has a city permit to cut and remove the trees.

5. What do you think happens at the end of the conversation?
A. The men get together for a barbecue.
B. The neighbors get into a big fight.
C. The men become friends and plant trees.

答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

对照文本

Man: Hey, hey, neighbor. What are you doing with my trees? My wife planted that tree 25 years ago. Get off that ladder.
Neighbor: Listen. Even though the trees are in your yard, some of the branches hang over into mine, and I am getting sick and tired of raking up your leaves and picking up all the branches that fall off during storms throughout the year. And the walnuts off this tree . . . they litter my yard and damage my lawnmower when I cut the grass. And my dog eats them, and he ends up with terrible diarrhea.

Man: Still. You can't cut off those branches.

Neighbor: Watch me. It's completely legal. I check the city code and law regarding this issue, and I am well within my rights.

Man: I'm not sure about that. Anyway, It's just not right. You didn't say anything to us about it . . .

Neighbor: I don't have to.

Man: Yeah, but you could have said something. Anything! I mean I want to stay on friendly terms with you, but the basic courtesy of informing your neighbors is the least you could have done.

Neighbor: Okay. I'm cutting down your branches. You've been informed . . . now, stand back!

Man: Hey. Don't expect an invitation to our next barbecue or book club!

Neighbor: See if I care. Hey, what are you doing? Stop shaking the ladder. You're acting juvenile now. Help!

Key Vocabulary [Top]

ladder (noun): a piece of equipment used to climb up to high places
- Be careful if you use the ladder to get into the trees.
get sick and tired of something (idiom): become exhausted and/or upset about something
- I just get sick and tired o picking up garbage in the yard.
litter (verb and noun): make a place messy or untidy with trash or other objects left on the ground
- I hate it when people walk through the park and litter.
- Please don't throw litter out the window as we drive.
right (noun): something you are legally allowed to do by law
- The government should protect our individual rights to the freedom of speech and to vote in public elections.
inform (verb): tell, make aware, or notify
- It is often a good idea to inform your neighbors if you are planning to make major changes to your yard and landscaping.
juvenile (noun or adjective): a young person, or someone who is acting inappropriate for an adult
- Several juveniles were arrested for destroying the landscaping of our company.
- Stop acting juvenile! You can't play games and jump over seats in a movie theater.

BCCCB

返回列表