听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语新闻】 » 苏亚雷斯因咬人事件向基耶利尼致歉
返回列表 发帖

苏亚雷斯因咬人事件向基耶利尼致歉

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has apologised to Giorgio Chiellini for the bite that earned him a nine-match and four-month ban from football.

利物浦前锋路易斯·苏亚雷斯因咬人事件向乔吉奥·基耶利尼致歉,苏亚雷斯因此被禁赛9场、时长四个月。

Chiellini told journalists after the game that he thought he had been bitten

The Uruguay forward, 27, was suspended from all football for biting Italy's Chiellini in a World Cup match.

"The truth is that my colleague Giorgio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me," said Suarez in a statement.

Suarez has previously said he lost his balance and did not bite Chiellini.

It is his third career ban for biting after incidents with Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic while at Liverpool in April 2013, and PSV's Otman Bakkal while at Ajax in 2010.

"I deeply regret what occurred," added Suarez. "I apologise to Giorgio Chiellini and the entire football family. I vow to the public that there will never again be another incident like this."

Chiellini had himself called the ban "excessive", while, in his written submission to Fifa, Suarez said: "I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent."

Responding to the statement, Chiellini sent Suarez a public message on Twitter, saying: "It's all forgotten. I hope Fifa will reduce your suspension."

Suarez will miss the first nine games of the Premier League season and return to football on 26 October.

He will have missed a total of 39 matches because of biting offences by the time he serves his latest suspension, having been banned for 10 games after the Ivanovic incident.
更多英语新闻

返回列表