听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月1日英语故事:The Thief and His Mother
返回列表 发帖

6月1日英语故事:The Thief and His Mother

read the story carefully and then write down what you get from the story to gain the score.

A BOY stole a lesson-book from one of his school fellows and took ithome to his Mother. She not only abstained from beating him, but encouraged him. He next time stole a cloak and brought it to her, and she again commended him.

The Youth, advanced to adulthood, proceeded to steal things of still greater value. At last he was caught in the very act, and having his hands bound behind him, was led away to the place of public execution.

His Mother followed in the crowd and violently beat her breast insorrow, where upon the young man said, "I wish to say something to my Mother in her ear." She came close to him, and he quickly seized herear with his teeth and bit it off. The Mother upbraided him as an unnatural child, where on he replied, "Ah! If you had beaten me when I first stole and brought to you that lesson-book, I should not have come to this, nor have been thus led to a disgraceful death."

偷东西的小孩与他母亲

有个小孩在学校里偷了同学一块写字石板,拿回家交给母亲。母亲不但没批评,反而还夸他能干。第二次他偷回家一件大衣,交给母亲,母亲很满意,更加夸奖他。随着岁月的流逝,小孩长大成小伙子了,便开始去偷更大的东西。有一次,他被当场捉住,反绑着双手,被押送到刽子手那里。他母亲跟在后面,捶胸痛哭。这时,小偷说,他想和母亲贴耳说一句话。他母亲马上走了上去,儿子一下猛地用力咬住她的耳朵,并撕了下来。母亲骂他不孝,犯杀头之罪还不够,还要使母亲致残。儿子说道:我初次偷石板交给你时,如果你能打我一顿,今天我何至於落到这种可悲的结局,被押去处死呢

返回列表