听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语新闻】 » 加拿大国会大厦遭袭击
返回列表 发帖

加拿大国会大厦遭袭击

A suspected terrorist attack has taken place inside Canada's parliament building and its surrounding area.

加拿大国会大厦内部以及周边地区遭到恐怖嫌疑分子袭击。

Paramedics and police pull a victim away from the Canadian War Memorial in Ottawa on Wednesday Oct. 22, 2014.

Numerous shots were fired just outside the room where Prime Minister Stephen Harper was meeting with a group of lawmakers.

Harper was safely removed from the building.

Member of Parliament John McKay.

"I was just taking off my jacket to go into Caucus, I hear this pop, pop, pop, possibly ten shots, don't really know, thought it was dynamite or construction rather than anything else. Suddenly the security guards come rushing down the hallways, usher us all out to the back of the parliament buildings,"

The suspected gunman has since been shot and killed by authorities inside the Parliament building.

It's being reported the suspect is a man in his early 30's who Canadian authorities had recently declared a potential terrorist threat, and had seized his passport.

Before the shooting at the Parliament Building, a Canadian soldier was shot dead at a nearby War Memorial, putting the whole area around the Parliament on lockdown.

"We heard two gunshots over at Wellington. Then we saw a man with a mask over his face, well a scarf, long black hair. I think he was wearing blue pants and a black jacket. He had a double barrel shotgun and he ran up the side of the building here and hijacked a car at gunpoint, didn't hurt the gentleman in the car, and then took off towards the back here and headed in that direction towards the construction,"

Initial indications are the suspect was acting alone.

Still, Ottawa Police Chief Charles Bordeleau is warning people to stay away from the area.

"All measures have been taken to ensure the safety and security of our residents. We are very aware of the large presence of military personnel in our community, and I want them to know that we are committed to their safety. We are asking members of the public to stay away from the downtown core."

The shooting comes just two-days after a pair of Canadian soldiers were run-down by a car driven by a radicalized man in the province of Quebec, leaving one of the soldiers dead and the other in hospital.

That suspect, also killed by police, was on a list of suspected terror supporters.

The attacks have coincided with Canada sending fighter jets to assist in the air strikes against Islamic State targets in Iraq and Syria.
更多英语新闻

返回列表