听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【六级教室】 » 六级练习2014.12.30
返回列表 发帖

六级练习2014.12.30

At least 7,000,000 Americans identify themselves as belonging to more than one race, and interest in issues of (1)____________________________. In his new book, "Mixed" writer and artist Kip Fulbeck presents a collection of portraits celebrating the faces of mixed-race children. 70 multi-racial children from across the United States are featured in "Mixed". To learn (2)____________________________, Fulbeck asked each one "who are you?"
"What's nice about the question 'Who are you?' is that kids, especially younger kids, they don't default to certain answers the way we as adults do. We may say 'I'm American.' 'I'm Chinese.' you may say 'I'm a banker.' 'I'm a teacher.' The kids have these unusual statements. They say things like,'I'm 12, guitar, video games, period, that's all what I do.' I had one kid who wrote a statement that said 'I'm Keyan. I'm brown like President Obama. One day I'll be a pro-football player and the president.'" It was exciting, he says, to discover (3)____________________________.
"There is one kid who has very bright red hair and very fair skin. And you look at his background, and he is Vietnamese and Mexican and Peruvian and Swiss and Irish. You would look at that kid and never imagine that. The dad said, 'Oftentimes, people ask, where did I get him? - like he is not really my kid because he has red hair.' which is really funny."

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

multi-racial identity is rapidly growing
how they perceive themselves
the surprising mix of racial cultural background

multi-racial identity is rapidly growing.
how they present himselves.
the surprise mix of racial in curtury backgroud.

返回列表