听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语新闻】 » 美国某餐厅让女店员配枪上班
返回列表 发帖

美国某餐厅让女店员配枪上班

A restaurant owner insists that of all her waitresses openly carry fully-loaded guns and encourages diners to tip with bullets after a man was killed onsite.

因一名男子在店外被杀,美国一家餐厅的老板让所有女店员公开配枪上班,而且是上满子弹的真枪,并鼓励前来就餐的顾客用子弹代替小费。

Lauren Boebert, 28, of Shooters Grill in Rifle, Colorado, makes staff take a concealed weapon training class before letting them lose.

The devout Christian and mother-of-four says the firearm dress-code hasn't deterred customers and they flock from far and wide to catch a piece of the action.

'We've had people from Alaska, we've had people from Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, we've had customers drive all the way from Utah just to eat dinner,' she told Barcroft TV.

'We've seen people rewrite their vacation trips - they were going to go the southern route and decided to go the northern route so they could come into Rifle, Colorado and see us.'

Lauren has even adapted the menu to incorporate aptly-named dishes such as the 'Locked N' Loaded Nachos' and 'Bull's Eye Grilled Chicken'.

The walls are also decked out with gun-themed decor - along with crosses reflecting Lauren's strong religious faith.

The entrepreneur opened her eatery in May 2013 with the help of her husband Jayson, 34.

But only a month after launching, Lauren says a man was killed outside the venue.

She swiftly looked into getting a permit for a concealed weapon - only to discover that she could already openly carry guns in her own restaurant.

Recalling the chain of events, Lauren said: 'There was an altercation in our back alley that ended with a man losing his life so I began to look into getting a concealed weapon permit so I could start carrying.'

'I learned that in Colorado you do not need a permit to open carry so I took my gun to work the next day.'
更多英语新

返回列表