听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 写作提高 » 我的book review,敬请各位高手指点指点
返回列表 发帖

我的book review,敬请各位高手指点指点

My Read to The Call of The WildThe Call of The Wild by Jcak London, tells a story of a dog named Buck, who transforms from a pampered rich man's pet to a tough and seasoned lead sled dog of the Klondike, and finally to be a beast leader of wolves. Many people pick up this novel as a dog story merely, just as the same with me when I first read it. At that time I was a senior school student, as you know,having no many time to read novels. But the first glance of the book caught my heart, and then cost my a whole day, a big and valuable time in those days. For the book is written from the Buck’s perspective, I took it a dog story for granted at that time. However, when I, now a junior student at college, read it again, I find lots of different things. In my opinion, it is a mankind’s story rather than a dog’s.Let’s read it anew.As we know, Buck was a honored pet of a judge and lived a comfortable life and didn’t need to worry about food, coldness,danger. Yet unfortunately he was sold by a dishonorable employee to the Klondike to work as a sled dog, then started his misery and uncommon life. How it looks like ourselves. With the love protection of our parents, we grow up in a secure and comfortable environment, more secure and comfortable than it really is. But early or later we inevitably step into the society and face the reality of life by ourselves, just as Buck did.As for buck, the first teacher was the red sweater man. After failing in rebel again and again, buck finally saw that “he stood no chance against a man with a club, he had learned the lesson, and in all his after life he never forgot it. It was his introduction to the reign of primitive law, and he went the introduction halfway”. The club is power, the red sweater man is the representive of the high class who stand over our heads. “buck” could not do anything but to be “a good dog”, just as the sweater man said,otherwise be punished by “club”. This was the club law.It was not long before the second lesson came, which later often appeared in buck’s dreams, a bloody lesson. Curly, the dog who came Deya with buck, was killed at the first day. She was killed not by human but by a husky dog and no reason at all. All her fault maybe she should not have been so friendly and kindly in thus environment. “No fair play, once down that was end of you.” Buck was see to it that he never would went down. In Northland or the society that was very different from the environment you be brought up, be filled with competitive atmosphere and kinds of tricks and cunnings. You need to compete against people who was in the same group with you. And you cann’t know where has the next trap. This is the fang law.However our hero buck, as London says, was “a apt scholor”. And his adapablity was so great that it help him to survive and indeed thrive in that harsh environment. This is due to his speed in learning more than his strong body. Here I feel the author want to give us the message that the learning skill is most important in your survival progress or in your success road. Through Dave and Solleks, buck mastered the skills how to trail quilckly. Through Pike, another dog in the sled team, he learned to stole bacon to keep him from starvation, and even better than Pike, for he never be caught by red hand. Through Spitza, whom I think is the most important teacher for buck and althrough there is a bitter hatred between them, buck learned how to fight effiently, how to lead a sled dog team, how to punish the rebels to make them submit. Spitza was his model to survive successfully in the Northland. And to compete the lead dog place, there destined was a death and alive struggle between them. Enentually buck was more competence, he survived. So when Sancois put Dave to the lead dog place, buck started to rebel, the place is own to his work, he should deserve it. This is the fair rule in the bruty world: if you the strongest, you are the boss. And it was business as usual.Through his hard fight with the fate in those hostile environment, here buck became a leader of the sled team, the most honored status in Northland dogs. We could suppose that he was success now and he should satisfy. Yes, we could gain the wealth and fame through our hard work at final. And that is so-called “success” by others. But is it really success in our own minds? In the book, London refers to a word “instinct” again and again. Then what’s the insinct here? Many book reviewers say buck increasely explored his wild instincts, and finally to be a crulty beast. Well ,I really can’t stand by the same side. For my own thought, I would rather the instinct which the author calls it wild, just as the same many reviewers say, a liberty of heart. All buck did is followed his heart. Let’s try to imagine that two choices are put before buck, one is go back to the southland home, the other is live in the wild. What he would choose? A comfortable life or a free life? Then what will you choose? The name “buck” is actually “back”! It means the actor go back to his own world. The wild means a liberty world, a world where we could find our own value. This is more than common “success”, we are free to do what we like to do, to achieve our own value, that is our anwser to the call ,that is really success.So at the end, I want to give you this message:Just follow your heart, and anwser the call of the wild.

评分人数

• snowmen

can I ask you a question,did you write this by yourself?you are so great,i worship you.. 1# Bogge

STRONG

your essay is so good

i'm afraid i must learn from you

some ofyour ideas are pretty good, such as comparing Buck's life style changed to a person's environment changed, the belief that harding working could lead to success, and your way of interpreting the one of the major theme "Instinct".
however, your review involves too much summary of the book. It would be better if it shows more of your insights rather than just retelling the story once more. This may also contributes to the lack of focus in your review. Select themes that touches you, and develop your voice in your review.

返回列表