听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月28日英语故事:The Grateful Lion
返回列表 发帖

6月28日英语故事:The Grateful Lion

read the story carefully and then write down what you get from the story to gain the score.

There was a knight who devoted much of his time to hunting. It happened one day, as he was pursuing this diversion, that he was met by a lame lion, who showed him his foot. The knight dismounted, and drew from it a sharp thorn; and then applied an unguent to the wound, which speedily healed it.

A while after this, the king of the country hunted in the same wood, and caught that lion, and held him captive for many years.

Now, the knight, having offended the king, fled from his anger to the very forest in which he had been accustomed to hunt. There he betook himself to plunder, and spoiled and slew a multitude of travelers. But the king's sufferance was exhausted; he sent out an army, captured, and condemned him to be delivered to a fasting lion.

The knight was accordingly thrown into a pit, and remained in terrified expectation of the hour when he should be devoured. But the lion, considering him attentively, and remembering his former friend, fawned upon him; and remained seven days with him destitute of food.

When this reached the ears of the king, he was struck with wonder, and directed the knight to be taken from the pit. "Friend," said he, "by what means have you been able to render the lion harmless?"

"As I once rode along the forest, my lord, that lion met me lame. I extracted from his foot a large thorn, and afterward healed the wound, and therefore he has spared me."

"Well," returned the king, "since the lion has spared you, I will for this time ratify your pardon. Study to amend your life."

The knight gave thanks to the king, and ever afterwards conducted himself with all propriety. He lived to a good old age, and ended his days in peace.

感恩的狮子

从前有个骑士,他大部分时间都在打猎。有一天,他正在打猎时,偶然碰到一头瘸腿的狮子。狮子向他举起一只脚,骑士跳下马,看见狮子脚上有一根尖刺,于是帮他拔了下来,并在伤口处抹了一些油膏,这样伤口很快就会愈合。

过了一段时间,国王同样也到那个森林里打猎,他捉住了那只狮子,并把它关在笼子里养了很多年。

而今,骑士因为冒犯国王,逃到从前经常打猎的森林避难,在那里干起了拦路抢劫的勾当,还杀害了许多无辜的旅客。国王无法容忍这样的罪行,就派军队将他抓起来,并判处他受饿狮吞噬之刑。

就这样,骑士被抛入了狮笼,他恐惧地等待着被吞噬时刻的到来。没想到,狮子仔细地打量他一番后,想起他是曾经帮过自己的朋友,就亲昵地依偎在他的身旁。一个人和一只饥饿的狮子就这样不吃不喝地过了七天七夜。

国王听到这个消息,感到十分惊奇,便叫人把骑士带出了狮笼。

“朋友,”国王说,“你怎样使狮子不伤害你呢?”

“陛下,那是因为有一次我骑马路过森林时,遇到这头瘸着腿的狮子。我帮它把脚上的一根大刺拔下来,还治愈了它的伤口,所以它饶恕了我。”

“呃,”国王说:“既然狮子饶恕了你,那这一次我也不再追究了,以后你要改过自新,重新做人。”

骑士谢过国王的恩典,从此过着平淡、朴实的生活,他度过了美好的晚年,才安详地离开人世。

to be honest,i can't understand the story if i don't read the chinese part,there are a lot of new words for me,maybe to learn and remember more words is the thing that i should do !
the story is very intersting,it confirm the chinese saying that"善有善报、恶有恶报",so we should do more good things in our daiylife.

评分人数

• 星期一

made me think about the story by the water margin

评分人数

• 星期一

Be grateful to anyone who have done you a favour,and have mercy on the unfortunate.

评分人数

• yuandan

返回列表