听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 7月02日英语故事:The Soldier and His Horse
返回列表 发帖

7月02日英语故事:The Soldier and His Horse

read the story carefully and then write down what you get from the story to gain the score.

During the wars a Soldier looked after his Horse with the greatest care. He gave it the best oats to eat and the clearest water to drink. He rubbed it down when it got wet and covered it with a warm blanket on cold winter nights. As a result, the horse was strong and swift and carried its master safely out of the dangers of war.

When peace came, however, the Solider changed. He put the Horse out in a field full of thistles and gave it only a little mouldy hay to eat. The stable was a broken-down hut with a leaking roof and a floor made of mud; the only water was in a ditch under the hedge. During the day the Solider made the Horse work hard on his farm, carrying loads of wood and pulling heavy wagons.

After some time war broke out again. The Soldier took out his heavy breastplate and boots, strapped on his pistols and helmet, and went to the field to catch his Horse. Hastily brushing the thistles from its coat, he laid the leather saddle on its back, pulled the bridle over its mangy ears and heaved himself up.

For a moment the Horse stood motionless. Then gradually its thin legs began to bend and it sank slowly to the ground. the Horse gave the Soldier a look of reproach.  

"Master," it said, "you'll have to fight on foot this time. You have made me work like a mule and fed me like a goat. I cannot change back into a horse in an instant just because you want me to."

士兵和马

战争期间,有个士兵对他的马悉心照料。给它吃最好的燕麦,喝最干净的水。马身上湿了,他就给它擦干;在寒冷的冬夜,他给它盖上温暖的毯子。因此,这匹马很健壮,跑得很快,驮着它的主人屡屡安全脱险。

战争结束了,士兵却变了。他把马拉到长满蓟的野地里,只给它一点儿发霉的干草吃。马厩是间破旧不堪的茅草屋,屋顶是漏的,地是泥土地;树篱下的小沟里才有水。白天,士兵让马在农场里干重活,又是驮木头,又是拉大车。

过了一段时间,战争又爆发了。士兵拿出沉重的胸铠和靴子,带上手枪和头盔,去野地里牵马。他匆匆地刷了刷马身上的蓟,放上皮马鞍,往长藓的马耳朵上套上笼头,跨上了马背。

有一阵儿,马一动不动地站着,随后,它干瘦的腿越来越弯,慢慢地倒在地上。马用责备的目光看了士兵一眼。

“主人,”马说,“这回,你得徒步去打仗了。你让我像骡子那样干活儿,却像喂山羊那样喂我。我不可能如你所期望的,在一瞬间变为一匹马的。”

If you want a horse to be a horse,never treat it as a goat.

评分人数

• 星期一

返回列表