听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 7月09日英语故事:Jupiter and the Sheep
返回列表 发帖

7月09日英语故事:Jupiter and the Sheep

read the story carefully and then write down what you get from the story to gain the score.

A Sheep was once forced to submit to much harm from the other animals. He therefore appeared before Jupiter, and begged him to lessen his misery.

Jupiter appeared willing, and said to the Sheep, " I see plainly, my pious creature, that I have created you too defenseless . Now choose how I had best remedy this fault. Shall I arm your jaws with terrible fangs and your feet with claws?"

"O, no! " exclaimed the Sheep, " I will have nothing in common with the beasts of prey."

"Or," said Jupiter, " Shall I make your bite poisonous?"

"Alas!" replied the Sheep, " the poisonous snakes are so sadly detested."

" Well, what shall I do ?Shall I plant horns on your forehead, and give strength to your neck?"

"Nor that, gracious father; I should then butt like the goat."

"At the same time you would be able to injure others, if I gave you the means of defending yourself."

"Should I, indeed? " sighed the Sheep. "Oh! Then leave me, merciful father, as I am. For the power of injuring would, I am fearful, awake the desire of doing so; and it is better to suffer harm, than to inflict it."

Jupiter blessed the pious Sheep, who ceased from that moment his complaints.

丘比特和绵羊

绵羊曾经一度被迫忍受别的动物对它造成的诸多伤害。终于,它来见丘比特,恳求他为自己减轻痛苦。

丘比特看上去乐意帮忙,他对绵羊说:“我和清楚,我虔诚的小东西,我创造的你太没有防御能力了。现在你可以选择让我怎样来弥补自己的过失。我让你的上下颚长上尖牙,脚上长出利爪,好吗?”

“噢,不!”绵羊惊叫道,“我不愿意和掠食的野兽有任何相同之处。”

“要不然,”丘比特说,“让你被咬的动物中毒?”

“哎呀!”绵羊回答说,“毒蛇可是让人深恶痛绝的。”

“那么,怎么办呢?我让你的头上长出角来,让你的脖颈变得有劲儿,行吗?”

“那也不行,我的天父,那样我就会像山羊一样用头去抵撞别人的。”

“一旦我给了你自卫的武器,你就具有了伤害别人的能力。”

“真的会那样吗?”绵羊叹息道,“唉!那么仁慈的天父,你就让我保持原样吧。因为,我担心有了伤害别人的能力,就会引发起那样去做的念头。自己忍受伤害总比给别人造成伤害要好呀。”

丘比特为这只虔诚的绵羊祝福,绵羊此后再也不抱怨了。

评分人数

• tingroom

Thanks to you!I bless  you

What a kindness sheep!He would rather suffer damages than hurt others.

评分人数

• 星期一

and it is better to suffer harm, than to inflict it."

评分人数

• tingroom

爱是恒久忍耐,又有恩慈。爱是不嫉妒。爱是不自夸。不张狂。
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

不作害羞的事。不求自己的益处。不轻易发怒。不计算人的恶。
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
不喜欢不义。只喜欢真理。
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
凡事包容。凡事相信。凡事盼望。凡事忍耐。
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

评分人数

• 星期一

返回列表