当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 单词背诵 » 英语夏令营----written practice-每周更新
返回列表 发帖

英语夏令营----written practice-每周更新

本帖最后由 july.8321 于 2010-8-2 21:33 编辑

7-21
Task of  7-21 :
Make one sentence from two. Use who/that/which
For example:
1. A girl was injured in the accident. She is now in the hospital.
The girl who was injured in the accident is now in the hospital.

Please finish the follow sentences:
A  Man answered the phone. He told me you were away.
A waitress served us. She was very impolite and impatient.
A building was destroyed in the fire. It has now been released.
Some people were arrested. They have now been released.
A bus goes to the airport. It runs every half hour.

7-22

Task:

Pls write down anything about football as you like, such as the recent match you watched, the reason for your favour or hate of football.
The minimum requirement for your article is more than 4 sentences

7-23

Too clever

A farmer who lived in a small village suffered from a severe pain in the chest. This never seemed to get better. The farmer eventually decided that he would consult a doctor in the nearest town. But as he was a miserly person he thought he would find out what he would have to pay this doctor. He was told that a patient had to pay three pounds
for the first visit and one pound for the second visit. The farmer thought about this for a long time, and then decided to go and consult the doctor in the town.
As he came into the doctor’s consulting room, he said casually,” Good morning, doctor . here I am again.” The doctor was a little surprised. He asked him a few questions, examined his chest and then took the pound which the farmer insisted on giving him. Then the doctor said with a smile, ”Well, Sir. There’s nothing new. Please continue to take the same medicine I gave you the first time you came to see me.”

Task: After reading the following article, Pls use your own words to write down what you have read

评分人数

• tingroom

2.  The man who answered the phone told me you were away.
3.  The waitress who was very impolite and impatient served us.
4.  The building which/that was destroyed in the fire has now been released.
5.  The people who were arrested have now been released.
6.  The bus which/that goes to the airport runs every half hour.

评分人数

7-22
Task:
Pls write down anything about football as you like, such as the recent match you watched, the reason for your favour or hate of football.
The minimum requirement for your article is more than 4 sentences

I'm not intrested in football. Even when the world cup was hitting its stride. It couldn't exite me at all.
But the Germany octopus is very intresting. It has the ability to forecast which team will win the match.

评分人数

每天坐沙发呀!

2.A  Man answered the phone. He told me you were away.
   A  Man who answered the phone  told me you were away.
3.A waitress served us. She was very impolite and impatient.
   A waitress who was very impolite and impatient  served us.
4.A building was destroyed in the fire. It has now been released.
   A building which was destroyed in the fire has now been released.
5.Some people were arrested. They have now been released.
   Some people who were arrested have now been released.
6.A bus goes to the airport. It runs every half hour.
   A bus which runs every half hour goes to the airport.

评分人数

• july.8321

7-23
Too clever

A farmer who lived in a small village suffered from a severe pain in the chest. This never seemed to get better. The farmer eventually decided that he would consult a doctor in the nearest town. But as he was a miserly person he thought he would find out what he would have to pay this doctor. He was told that a patient had to pay three pounds

for the first visit and one pound for the second visit. The farmer thought about this for a long time, and then decided to go and consult the doctor in the town.

As he came into the doctor’s consulting room, he said casually,” Good morning, doctor . here I am again.” The doctor was a little surprised. He asked him a few questions, examined his chest and then took the pound which the farmer insisted on giving him. Then the doctor said with a smile, ”Well, Sir. There’s nothing new. Please continue to take the same medicine I gave you the first time you came to see me.”
Task: After reading the following article, Pls use your own words to write down what you have read

A miserly farmer who lived in a small village suffered from a severe pain in the chest. He decided to consult the doctor in the nearest town. He was told that a patient had to pay three pounds for the first visit and one pound for the second visit. In order to spend less money for  medical expenses, he came into the consulting room and pertended it was the second visit. But he had never imagined that the doctor told him to continue to take the same medicine he had given him last time.  A smart aleck farm meet the really clever doctor.

评分人数

返回列表