听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 7月28日英语故事:Never End Your Dream
返回列表 发帖

7月28日英语故事:Never End Your Dream

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

My dream ended when I was born. Although I never knew it then, I just held on to something that would never come to pass. Dreams really do exist. But in the morning when you wake up, they are remembered just as a dream. That is what happened to me.

I always had the dream to dance like a beautiful ballerina twirling around and around and hearing people applaud for me. When I was young, I would twirl around and around in the fields of wildflowers that grew in my backyard.

I thought that if I twirled faster everything would disappear and I would wake up in a new place. Reality woke me up when I heard a voice saying, "I don't know why you bother trying to dance. Ballerinas are pretty, slender little girls. Besides, you don't have the talent to even be a ballerina." I remember how those words paralyzed every feeling in my body. I fell to the ground and wept for hours.

We lived in the country by a nearby lake. I did not like to be at home. When my parents were home, my mother just yelled and criticized because nothing was ever perfect in her life. She dreamed of a different life but she ended up living in the country far away from the city where she believed her dreams would have come true.

I enjoyed hanging out by the water. I would sit there for hours and stare at my reflection. There I was, looking nothing like a pretty ballerina dancer. Reflections don't lie. Once the waves would come, my reflection was gone. Washed away just like my dream to dance.

As I grew older, I began to realize that the reason my dream was even born, was because it was something that was inside of me. The dream I had was never nurtured and cared for, so it slowly died. It's not that I wanted it to die, but I allowed it to die the day I started listening to the words, "You can't do it." When I finally woke up from many years of dreaming, I realized that you can't settle for dancing in the wildflowers, you have to move on to the platform.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

我从未关注并用心实现梦想,所以它慢慢逝去了。这不意味着我不去梦想,但从我听到“你无法去实现它”这句话开始,我就已经放弃了梦想。当我从很多年的梦中醒来,我知道你不能只满足于在野花丛中起舞,你应该有自己的舞台。

评分人数

• 星期一

我从来没有去真的关注和培养这个梦想,所以它渐渐地消失殆尽。并不是因为我希望它消失,而是因为当我听到那句“你做不到”的时候我放任了这个梦想的破灭。当我从这多年的梦想中清醒的时候,我意识到自己不能仅仅满足于在野花丛中起舞,而是应该走向舞台。

评分人数

• 星期一

we need to catch the chance,so,Never End Your Dream!

评分人数

• 星期一

never say:" you can't do it"

评分人数

• 星期一

而我的梦想从来没有培育和呵护,因此它慢慢地死去。这并不是说我希望它死,但我让它死的一天,我开始听的话,“你不能这样做。”当我终于醒来从多年来的梦想,我意识到,你不能满足于在野花跳舞,你必须移动到舞台。

评分人数

• 星期一

我从未关注并用心实现梦想,所以它慢慢逝去了。这不意味着我不去梦想,但从我听到“你无法去实现它”这句话开始,我就已经放弃了梦想。当我从很多年的梦中醒来,我知道你不能只满足于在野花丛中起舞,你应该有自己的舞台。

评分人数

• 星期一

返回列表