听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 8月04日英语故事:The hardest thing to do(Part A)
返回列表 发帖

8月04日英语故事:The hardest thing to do(Part A)

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

The day my fiancé fell to his death, it started to snow, just like any November day, just like the bottom hadn't fallen out of my world when he freefell off the roof. His body, when I found it, was lightly covered with snow. It snowed almost every day for the next four months, while I sat on the couch and watched it pile up.

One morning, I shuffled downstairs and was startled to see a snowplow clearing my driveway and the bent back of a woman shoveling my walk. I dropped to my knees, crawled through the living room, and back upstairs so those good Samaritans would not see me. I was mortified. My first thought was, how would I ever repay them? I didn't have the strength to brush my hair let alone shovel someone's walk.

Before Jon's death, I took pride in the fact that I rarely asked for help or favors. I defined myself by my competence and independence. So who was I if I was no longer capable and busy? How could I respect myself if all I did was sit on the couch everyday and watch the snow fall?

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

在乔恩死之前,我以我几乎不用得到帮助或关爱而感到自豪。我自认为就是个有能力并且非常独立的人。所以,如果我不再有能力了,不再忙碌了,我还是我吗?如果我所能做的只是每天坐在沙发上看下雪,我该如何能尊重我自己呢?

评分人数

• 星期一

在乔恩去世以前,我一直觉得自己是一个很有能力、很独立的人,而且我常常以自己几乎不用寻求别人的帮助而感到自豪。但是如果我没有能力和不再忙碌了,那我将会变成什么样子?如果我就这么一直坐在沙发上看着雪花慢慢落下,我又将如何面对自己?

评分人数

• 星期一

Perhaps,someday,someplace,we will meet something, and we shoud think about ourself carefully,for the past ,also for the future. I
hope I can find the real me.

评分人数

Before Jon's death, I took pride in the fact that I rarely asked for help or favors. I defined myself by my competence and independence. So who was I if I was no longer capable and busy? How could I respect myself if all I did was sit on the couch everyday and watch the snow。
乔恩走之前,我很少向他人寻求帮助或施舍,对此我引以为豪。我曾经是个有能力、坚强独立的人。如果我不再忙碌于事业,不再是有能力的女性,那我会是怎样呢?我怎能忍受自己成天坐在长椅上看着雪景发呆?

评分人数

• 星期一

Before Jon's death, I took pride in the fact that I rarely asked for help or favors. I defined myself by my competence and independence. So who was I if I was no longer capable and busy? How could I respect myself if all I did was sit on the couch everyday and watch the snow fall?
在乔恩去世以前,我很少向他人寻求帮助或施舍,我为此而自豪。我自认为是一个有能力、很独立的人。但如果一旦我不再有能力也不忙碌了,那我又是什么样呢?如果我就这么一直坐在沙发上每天看着落雪,我又将如何面对自己?

评分人数

• 星期一

在Jon去世之前,我一直以自己从不求人为骄傲,并自我标榜为是有竞争性和独立性的。所以,如果我不再是那么能干而充实忙碌的话,那我变成什么样的人?如果我每天无所事事,只是坐在沙发上看着飘雪,我又怎么再去尊重我自己?

评分人数

• 星期一

这一段字面上的翻译是这样的,但故事的前两段显示作者似乎是个残疾人.

评分人数

返回列表