听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 欧洲之旅:热力冰岛,火山熔岩形成的蓝泻湖
返回列表 发帖

欧洲之旅:热力冰岛,火山熔岩形成的蓝泻湖

Brett has just returned from a trip to Iceland. He’s filling his sister Helen in on the details.

布雷特刚从冰岛旅行回来,正详细地给妹妹海伦讲旅途情况。

Helen:So, Frosty, how was your trip to the frozen north? Meet any other snowmen?

海伦:那么,雪人,你的北方极地之行怎么样?碰到其他雪人了吗?

Brett:That shows what you know. Iceland may be chilly, but it's one of the hottest places in Europe.

布雷特:一看你知道的就不多。冰岛是挺冷的,但它是欧洲最热的地区之一。

Helen:I have heard it’s become a popular tourist destination. Reykjavik is trendy with a lot of globetrotters nowadays.

海伦:我听说冰岛已经成为观光胜地了。雷克雅未克现在是很多环游世界者的新宠。

Brett: I'm not talking about its popularity. I'm talking about the ground temperature there. Iceland’s full of hot springs.

布雷特:我不是说冰岛有多受欢迎,我是在讲那里地面的温度。冰岛到处都是温泉。

Helen:Hot springs in Iceland? What are they like?

海伦:冰岛有温泉?什么样子的?

Brett:They're amazing! The Blue Lagoon is a mineral-rich seawater lake heated by lava. It's near a power plant outside Reykjavik, and it’s absolutely spectacular.

布雷特:棒极了!蓝泻湖是一个由火山熔岩形成的咸水湖,富含矿物质。就在雷克雅未克近郊的一个发电厂附近,真是太壮观了。

Helen:It's near a power plant?! Thanks, but I'll pass. I'd like to have children someday.

海伦:在发电厂附近?多谢,但我不去。我将来还要生孩子呢。

Brett:That's what I thought at first, too. But it actually turns out that the water in the lake is considered healthy. It has a high content of salt and silica3, and they say it can help cure skin problems like psoriasis and eczema.

布瑞格:一开始我也这样想。但经过证实,湖水是有益健康的。它含有丰富的盐分和硅,可以治疗牛皮癣和湿疹之类的皮肤病。

Helen:I think I’ll stick to my bathtub. Besides, Iceland’s a long way from here.

海伦:我想我还是在我的浴缸里泡泡好了。何况冰岛离这儿也太远了.

Brett:Suit yourself, but you’re missing out on the best bath in the world!

布瑞格:随你便。只是你会错过全世界最棒的天然浴。

返回列表