听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » [10-19]寓言故事双语版:物以类聚
返回列表 发帖

[10-19]寓言故事双语版:物以类聚

Once, Chun Yukun recommended seven able and virtuous scholars to King Xuan of theState of Qi.

一次,厚于凳给齐宣王推荐了七名贤士。

King Xuan was surprised and said: "I heard that talented people are hard to find.

齐宣王觉得奇怪,说: “我听说,人才是很难得的。

If one able and virtuous scholar can be found within a circumference of 1, 000 li, itcannot be regarded as few.

在一千里方圆以内,能选到一名贤士,就不算少了。

If 100 years witnesses the advent of a saint, it cannot be regarded as few.

一百年以内,能发现一个圣人,也不算少了。

Now you recommend seven able and virtuous scholars all at once, then there are toomany able and virtuous scholars."

你一次就推荐了七名贤士,贤士也太多了。”

Chun Yukun said: "Birds of the same feather always flock together. Wild beasts of thesame kind always walk together.

淳于凳说:“同类的鸟总是聚集在一起,同类的野兽也总是一道行走。

For example, if we wish to find medicinal herbs like the root of Chinese thorowax and theroot of balloonflower on the marsh, we will never find even one in our whole life.

比如说,我们要寻找柴胡和桔梗这类药草,到沼泽地去找,就是找一辈子也找不到一株。

But if we go to the north side of the Zeshu Mountain and the Liangfu Mountain, we
willneed
carts
to
carry
them
back.

但是如果到泽黍山、梁父山的北面去找,那就要用大车去拉了。

In the world, things of the same kind always gather together, and it is the same withpeople.

天下的事物都是同类相聚的,人也是这样。

If you want me to select able and virtuous scholars, it will be like getting water from theriver, or getting fire from a flint.

你要我淳于凳挑选贤士,就好比到河里去打水,用火石去打火一样。

What is so strange about that?

有什么好奇怪的呢?

I am going to recommend another big batch of able and virtuous scholars to you, farmore than these seven."

我正准备再给你推荐一大批贤士,何止这七个呢!”

返回列表