听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 雅思 » 雅思口语话题Part2:谈论自己的家乡--海滨城市
返回列表 发帖

雅思口语话题Part2:谈论自己的家乡--海滨城市

What kind of place is it? Well – Halifax is a smallish city and by that I mean it only has about 450,000 people but it – feels like a big city – uh – it’s clean, it’s quiet – the people are friendly – it’s got great nightlife  – and –  Halifax is a port city(港口城市,海滨城市) so  – along the waterfront – the area of the city that faces the ocean – there’s always something going on it’s very active – especially in the summertime.

One of the things that I don’t really like or one of the things that I guess I dislike about living in Halifax is that has a very – small town feel in that – sometimes there isn’t enough to do – especially in the winter time when it‘s very cold or a lot of snow on the ground really the only thing to do is stay home – it’s a good place to grow up – it’s a good place to maybe retire but during the middle years and working years, there just isn’t really a lot to do and job opportunities are a little bit limited.

Halifax is not likely to change at all in the future – it’s a very historic city and – Canada likes to protect its history so – Halifax it may develop technologically – it may develop – maybe different kinds of infrastructure – we might get new roads or another bridge or – ferry service across the harbour but mostly the city will – stay – historic looking and keep the small town feel it has now.

更多雅思口语话题

返回列表