听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【六级教室】 » 六级练习2016.01.14
返回列表 发帖

六级练习2016.01.14

With the assassination of President McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt,not quite 43, became the youngest President in the Nation’s history.He brought new excitement and power to the Presidency,as he vigorously led Congress and the American public toward progressive reforms and a strong foreign policy.(1)_______________________.“I did not misuse power,” he wrote,“but I did greatly broaden  the use of executive power.”Roosevelt’s youth differed sharply from that of the log cabin Presidents.He was born in New York City in 1858 into a wealthy family,but he too struggled against ill health and in his triumph became an advocate of the energetic life.(2)_______________________. Roosevelt’s achievements are numerous. He won the Nobel Peace Prize for mediating the Russo-Japanese War,reached a Gentleman’s Agreement on immigration with Japan,and sent the Great White Fleet on a goodwill tour of the world.Some of his most effective achievements were in conservation.(3)_______________________.Leaving the Presidency in 1909,Roosevelt went on an African journey and then jumped back into politics.While running for President again, he was shot in the chest.Roosevelt soon recovered, but his words at that time would have been applicable at the time of his death in 1919:“No man has had a happier life than I have led;a happier life in every way.”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

返回列表