听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » [2-17]寓言故事:老妇和医生 The old woman and the physician
返回列表 发帖

[2-17]寓言故事:老妇和医生 The old woman and the physician

The old woman and the physician

老妇和医生

An old woman having lost the use of her eyes, called in a physician to heal them, and made this bargain with him in the presence of witnesses:

一个老妇双目失明,她请来一个外科医生为她治疗,并且在有人作证的情况下商定。
That if he should cure her blindness, he should receive from her a sum of money; but if her infirmity remained, she should give him nothing.
如果医生能治愈她的双眼,她就会给医 生一大笔钱:如果没有治愈,医生将得不到任何酬劳。

This agreement being made, the physician, time after time, applied his salve to her eyes, and on every visit took something away, stealing all her property little by little.

签订了这份协议后,这个外科医生一次又一次地给老妇涂眼药膏,他每次 来都要带走几样东西.渐渐地,他偷走了老妇所有的家当。
And when he had got all she had, he healed her and demanded the promised payment.
当他将老妇的一切据为已有后,老妇的眼睛也治好了,他向 她索要承诺的酬金。
The old woman, when she recovered her sight and saw none of her goods in her house, would give him nothing.
这个老妇重见光明后,看到屋子里空荡荡的, 就什么也没给他。
The physician insisted on his claim, and. as she still refused, summoned her before the judge.
医生坚持要钱,而老妇一再拒绝,于是他将老 妇告上法庭。
The old woman, standing up in the court, argued: "this man here speaks the truth in what he says; for i did promise to give him a sum of money if i should recover my sight:
法法庭上,老妇声称:¨他说的没错,我的确曾向他许诺:如果他治好我的眼睛,我会给他一大笔钱:
But if i continued blind, i was to give him nothing.
但如果我还是什么也看不到,就什么也不会给他。
Now he declares that i am healed. i on the contrary affirm that i am still blind; for when i lost the use of my eyes, i saw in my house various chattels and valuable goods:
现在他声称已经洽愈了我的眼睛,可我却认为自己仍然是个瞎子。因为在我失明前,我能看到屋里有很多东西和贵重物品。
But now, though he swears i am cured of my blindness, i am not able to see a single thing in it."
但是现在,尽管他发誓我的眼睛已被治愈, 但我却什么也看不见啊!

返回列表