听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 雅思 » 雅思口语Part2话题: 谈论你住过的一个酒店(1)
返回列表 发帖

雅思口语Part2话题: 谈论你住过的一个酒店(1)

Describe a hotel you have stayed in.

You should say:

Where the hotel is

Why you stayed at that particular hotel

Give details description of the hotel and the view from it

and explain what makes the hotel special.

参考答案:

Is it cheating if I tell you about a Bed and Breakfast I stayed in rather than a hotel?  I’m going to risk it, and tell you all about a place I stayed on holiday, what it was like and why it was so special to me.

Many years ago I lost my job.  I’d been covering a post while someone was on maternity leave, but then they came back and I found I didn’t have a job. Anymore.To cheer me up, two good friends of mine suggested we went away for a weekend break.  One of them had found a really nice Bed and Breakfast in Anglesey, which is an Island off the coast of Wales.  Nowadays it doesn’t feel so much like an island anymore because it is permanently attached to the mainland by the very famous ‘Menai Bridge’.  She chose the place partly because of its spectacular location – it is surrounded by sea - but also because it was vegetarian (we all were too) and offered horse riding, which was a hobby we had in common.

The B&B as we call them in the UK, was, well, pretty eccentric.  It was a lovely old house, with quirky rooms, dubious cleanliness and an assortment of dogs, cats, hens, ducks, ponies, people – pretty chaotic.  From the house you could see across the Menai Straits, the stretch of sea between Anglesey and the mainland, to the snow-topped mountains of Snowdonia.  It was glorious.  The proprietor was one of those people who very much spoke her mind, but took you as you were, she quickly involved us in life on her small holding, feeding animals, heading off to the beach and drunkenly putting the world to rights in front of an open fire in the evening.  We walked the dogs, fed the hens and galloped the horses along deserted beaches.

When the woman who owned the B&B found I didn’t have a job, she said quite simply ‘well, why don’t you come and work for me?’  I was flabbergasted, I’d never really considered that sort of a job, and I’d come on holiday not looking for employment.  I hesitated, but she persisted.  ‘If you like it you can stay, if you don’t you can leave – where is the risk in that?’  To cut a long story short, with unusual spontaneity and recklessness I agreed.  For the next two years I worked at the B&B looking after the horses and guests, taking out rides along the beautiful Welsh beaches and enjoying a rural lifestyle.  It was brilliant, I learned a lot about animals, people and myself, and had many adventures along the way.  I didn’t earn much, but I lived well in a caravan in the middle of a field with hens clucking around outside and ponies scratching their bottoms on the door of my accommodation in the mornings!

So for me, that remote Anglesey B&B will always be very special, because it introduced me to a different way of living and working, and gave me an appreciation of the countryside that I hadn’t really been able to experience before.  I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as much doing a job as I did staying there!

更多雅思口语话题

返回列表