听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 英语美文:最伟大的爱是不求回报又不留痕迹
返回列表 发帖

英语美文:最伟大的爱是不求回报又不留痕迹

The Mother With One Eye
只有一只眼睛的母亲

My mother had only one eye. When I was growing up, I hated her for it. I hated the uninvited attention it got me at school. I hated how the other children stared at her and looked away in disgust. My mother worked two jobs to provide for the family, but I was just embarrassed by her and didn't want to be seen with her.

我妈妈只有一只眼睛。在我成长的过程中,我非常讨厌这样的她。我讨厌在学校受到的不请自来的关注的眼神。我讨厌别的孩子盯着她然后厌恶地转过头去。为了支撑这个家,我妈妈要做两份工作,但我却只觉得她令我很尴尬,不想被看到和她在一起。

Every time my mother came to visit me at school, I wanted her to disappear. I felt a surge of hatred towards the woman who made me the laughing stock of the school. In a moment of extreme anger, I even once told my mother I wanted her to die. I was completely unconcerned about her feelings.

每次妈妈来学校看我,我都希望她消失。我非常憎恨这个让我在学校里成为笑柄的女人。在极度愤怒之下,我甚至曾经对妈妈说希望她死了算了。我完全不关心她的感受。

As I grew up, I did whatever was in my power to distance myself from my mother. I studied hard and got a job overseas so I wouldn't have to meet her. I got married and started raising a family of my own. I got busy with my job and family and with providing a comfortable life for my beloved children. I didn't even think about my mother anymore.

随着我慢慢长大,我一直尽一切所能去远离我的母亲。为了出国工作我努力学习,这样就可以再也不见到她。我结婚了建立了自己的家庭。我忙于工作,家庭,为我爱的孩子提供舒适的生活。我甚至不再去想我的妈妈了。

Out of the blue, my mother came to visit one day. Her one-eyed face scared my young children and they started crying. I was angry at my mother for showing up unannounced and I forbid her to ever return to my home and new family life. I yelled and screamed, but my mother quietly apologized and left without saying another word.

突然有一天,妈妈来看我。她的一只眼睛吓哭了我年幼的孩子。对于我母亲的突然造访我非常生气,我禁止她永远不要来我家,接触我现在的家庭生活。我尖声叫喊着,但是母亲安静地道了歉,没有再多说一句话。

An invitation to a high school reunion took me back to my hometown after decades. I could not resist driving past my childhood home and stopping by the old shack. My neighbors told me my mother had passed away and left a letter for me.

几十年后受高中聚会的邀请我回到了我的故乡。我忍不住开车路过儿时的家,在一幢老屋门口停了下来。邻居们告诉我,母亲已经去世了,留下了一封信给我。

"My dear child:
“我亲爱的孩子:

I must begin by apologizing for visiting your home unannounced and frightening your beautiful children. I am also deeply sorry that I was such an embarrassment and source of humiliation to you when you were growing up.

在开头我必须为突然出现在你家并吓坏了你的可爱的孩子们而道歉。在你成长过程中我是如此令你尴尬,让你受辱,对此我也深深地自责。

I have learned that you may be coming back to town for your reunion. I may no longer be there when you come, and I think it is time to tell you an incident that happened when you were a young child. You see, my dear child, you were involved in an accident and lost one eye. I was devastated at the thought of my beloved child growing up with only one eye. I wanted you to see the beautiful world in all its glory, so I gave you my eye.

我得知你会在聚会的时候回来,但那时候我可能已经不在了,我想是时候该告诉你,在你小小时候发生过一场意外。你知道的,我亲爱的孩子,你在那场事故中失去了一只眼睛。我无法接受和想象自己亲爱的孩子只能拥有一只眼睛。我想让你骄傲地看看这个美丽的世界,所以我把我的眼睛给了你。

My dear child, I always have and always will love you from the bottom of my heart. I have never regretted my decision to give you my eye, and I am at peace that I was able to give you the ability to enjoy a complete life.

我亲爱的孩子,我真心爱你,无论从前还是未来。我从没后悔把眼睛给了你,让你能够享受完整的生命,我死而无憾。

Your loving mother."

爱你的妈妈。”

返回列表