听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » Lesson II. Making Arrangements 1
返回列表 发帖

Lesson II. Making Arrangements 1

Part One -- Requesting Information

Mr. Shelli is the Sales Manager of Modern Office Limited. He buys office equipment in Europe and sells it in Dongali. The equipment is usually sent by sea. Today Mr Shelli is enquiring about a shipment of typewriters that he is expecting. His Secretary Maria telephones the United Shipping Agents Ltd. Mr Da Costa of the shipping agents tells Maria that the shipment should arrive on Saturday and it usually takes two days to unload the cargo and clear the Customs. Maria says she will telephone Mr Da Costa on Tuesday morning to ask if the shipment is ready for collection. Here is the wrote episode.

MR SHELLI: Maria, I am waiting for some more typewriters to arrive we've nearly sold out.

MARIA: When should they be here?

MR SHELLI: We ordered them two months ago so they should be here by now.

MARIA: Shall I telephone the shipping agents and ask them when the ship arrives?

MR SHELLI: Yes. Yes, please Maria. You can get all the information from the copy of the Bill of Lading -- you will find it in the file.

MARIA: Certainly, Mr Shelli. (TO HERSELF) Now, where is the Bill of Lading? Ah,here it is. And the agent's telephone number is --- 74319. (LIFTS RECEIVER)

ROSE: Switchboard.

MARIA: Give me an outside line, please Rose.

ROSE: Here you are Maria.

MARIA: Thank you. (STARTS TO DIAL) Seven Four Three One Nine

MALE VOICE: United Shipping Agents Ltd. Can I help you?

MARIA: Good morning. This is Modern Office Ltd. I'd like to enquire about a shipment of typewriters coming from Switzerland.

MALE VOICE:From Switzerland?

MARIA:Yes.

MALE VOICE:Hold the line, please,caller,I'll put you through to Mr da Costa. He deals with shipment from Europe.

DA COSTAa Costa speaking.

MARIA: Oh, good morning, Mr da Costa. This is Modern Office Limited. I want to enquire about a shipment of typewriters coming from Switzerland.

DA COSTA: I-lave you a copy of the Bill of Lading?

MARIA: Yes, I have.

DA COSTA: Good. What ship are the type-writers coming on?

MARIA: The "Motazuri"

DA COSTA: The "Motazuri" ?

MARIA: Yes, when did it leave Marseilles?

DA COSTA: Hold the line please. (LOOKS THROUGH PAPERS) The "Motazuri" left Marseilles two weeks ago. It should arrive on Saturday.

MARIA: When can we collect the typewriters?

DA COSTA: Well, it usually takes two days to unload the cargo and clear the Customs. Sunday, Monday, yes, you can collect the shipment on Tuesday.

MARIA: Thank you, Mr Da Costa. I'll telephone you on Tuesday morning to ask if the shipment is ready for collection..

DA COSTA: Yes, I shall know by then.

MARIA: Thank you, very much Goodbye.

DA COSTA: Goodbye

返回列表