听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 双语:你被外卖绑架了吗?
返回列表 发帖

双语:你被外卖绑架了吗?

本帖最后由 kobe 于 2017-3-22 22:46 编辑

有位网友在写了这样一篇博文,描述这样一个场景↓↓

“After a long day's work, I'd arrive home and decide to cook.Search the internet for a recipe that didn't involve two hours of prep or include ingredients I'd never heard of. (15 minutes of my time.)

结束了一天的忙碌的工作,我回到家,决定自己做饭。在网上搜食谱,花了15分钟,才找一个不用准备太久,所用食材又简单的菜。

Either get frustrated and order pizza, or write down the required ingredients and head to the grocery store.Walk to the store, get what I needed, and walk back. (35 minutes.)

没有放弃,去订外卖,坚持写下所需食材,向超市进发。走到超市,买了东西,回家,又花了35分钟。

Start cooking. Run back and forth to the computer to check and double-check the instructions to be sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. (35 minutes.)

开始做饭。不时从厨房跑出来,看电脑,确保没有搞错步骤。

Stress out. Eat my meal slightly frazzled, and probably wishing I had ordered pizza.Two days later, end up throwing out 1/2 of what I made.

最后筋疲力尽。随便吃了点,后悔还不如订外卖。两天后,就是做一半扔一半。"

是不是听着很熟悉?

还有更熟悉的。

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

“I was never what you might call culinary inclined. In fact, the extent of cooking knowledge I possessed was from my eighth grade home economics class and it was the ability to make... wait for it... Instant noodle. Yes, instant noodle.

我从不觉得自己会喜欢做饭。其实,我从小就对做饭不开窍,唯一会的就是,煮泡面。没错,就是煮泡面。

So when I took to living alone in the big city, my cooking skills weren't as developed as I'd have liked. I felt like the odds were stacked against me.

当我开始一个人在大城市生活,厨艺也并没有长进。感觉做饭这件事跟我八字不合。

After all, with so many takeout options available and an insane schedule to adhere to, I thought perhaps young people like me just weren't supposed to cook.

再说,外卖这没多,每天工作又忙,估计像我这样的年轻人,注定与做饭无缘。”

其实,阻挡你动手做出美味的,

是三大思想误区。

克服这些误区,认清其中真相,

根治你的外卖成瘾症就大有希望喽!

Three Mindsets That are Holding You Back

1. Cooking is expensive.

做饭太费钱。

2. Cooking is time consuming.

做饭太费时间。

3. I don't know how to cook.

做饭太费脑子。(关键是不会呀)

Truth 1, 2, 3

1.Cooking at Home is Cheaper Than Takeout

在家做饭比订外卖可便宜多了。

Simply eating takeout food for lunch each workday can cost up to $3,000 a year. If you often eat out for dinner, you can expect that number to double. When I cook at home, I always cook enough to bring to work for lunch the following day. This immediately pockets me that $3,000 per year and saves more money in a non-obvious way.

工作日,每天订点简单的午餐,一年花费高达1万8。如果去饭店吃午餐,那花费就要翻倍了。如果在家做饭,前一天晚上多做点,带上就够第二天中午吃了。这就能省下好多钱。

According to a recent study by the Conference Board of Canada, 40% of the food we buy ends up in the trash.

根据最近加拿大的一项研究,我们购买的食物,最后会浪费掉40%。

The UK Guardian ran a report with similar results: 30-50% of the food we produce ends up in the garbage. By cooking food at dinner to provide for the next day's lunch, I automatically save money that otherwise would have been spent on takeout, or been lost to what is effectively a 40% food tax we place on ourselves.

英国也有一个类似的调查,结果显示,30%—50%的食物最后都被扔进了垃圾桶。自己在家做饭,即省钱又节约。

2. Cooking at Home is Quicker than Getting Takeout

在家做饭比定外卖更快

Saving money is great, but time—at least to me—is much more valuable. If you don't agree, I'm sure you at least understand where I'm coming from. In a go-go-go society like ours, time is incredibly valuable. The cost of eating out is an eye-opener, but the most compelling reason I wouldn't cook was because I didn't want to spend the time.

省钱虽然好处多多,除非你够土豪,不在乎钱。一般的吃土群众,还是见钱眼开的。但不愿自己做饭,主要还是因为懒得花太多时间。

Most recipes I found online tended to be time consuming and complex.

而且网上的食谱,大都中看不中用。

However, through some experimentation, I managed to slowly build up a list of recipes that could be made in 30 minutes or less.

但是,可以先研究一段时间,慢慢积累一个菜单,罗列一些能在30分钟搞定的菜。

Simplicity became my number one requirement. As a rule of thumb, when searching for recipes, immediately disregard any recipe that calls for more than 10 ingredients. In my experience, these inevitably take longer than 30 minutes.

简单方便是首要条件。并且,所用食材不要超过10种,不然绝对做起来很麻烦。

Efficient recipes are key. But what made the biggest difference was my decision to break up with the grocery store. I used to waste at least 35 minutes every time I decided to go to the grocery store. This happened multiple times per week, and it was an obvious time drain. Now, I go shop only once per week. A quick 30 minutes of preparation on the weekend allows me to grab all ingredients for the coming week in one goes, saving me over a dozen hours each month.

关键的食谱有了。就该搞定食材了。每天去超市,费时又费力。所以,定好食谱,就可以每周周末去一次超市,购买食材备用。工作日做起饭来,就省时多了。

3. Equipment is Half the Battle

有了好厨具,绝对事半功倍

The biggest obstacle I had to overcome was complexity. Cutting recipes with > 10 ingredients had already saved me a bundle of stress. But for a single guy living alone, I found that I was often lacking in essential kitchen equipment.

做饭最大的障碍,食谱和食材已经克服了。但是总在做饭时,才发现没有趁手的厨具,或者缺少必要的厨具。

Contrary to popular belief, a few quality items are all that you need to have a fully functional kitchen.

但不需要大张旗鼓的买上全套,只需挑几样,即必要,又趁手的厨具就好。

返回列表