听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » Lesson III. Using the Telephone 2
返回列表 发帖

Lesson III. Using the Telephone 2

Part Two

Mr Ballito, the Managing Director of Modern Office Limited often has to make international telephone calls to his customers in other countries.Today he asks his Secretary Opal to book a call to Mr Frascati in Rome.

MR BALLITO: I'd like to speak to Mr Frascati in Rome at about 11.00 our time. Would you book a call to him, please, Opal.

OPAL: Certainly, Mr Ballito. I'll ask Rose to connect me with the International Operator and book the call. Shall I make it
a personal call?

MR BALLITO: Yes, I think so. It's a waste of money to pay for the call if Mr Frascati is out. Do you know the number?

OPAL: Yes, I have it here. It's Rome 35 56 75.

(LIFTS RECEIVER, DIALS NUMBER) ROSE: Switchboard.

OPAL: Oh good morning, Rose, would you put me through to the International Operator, please. I want to book a call to Rome for Mr Ballito.

ROSE: Certainly, I' m putting you through now. (CLICK RINGING) It's ringing now, Opal.

OPAL: Thank you ...

(RINGING TONE CONTINUES, THEN STOPS)

INTERNATIONAL OPPRATOR: International Operator.

OPAL: Good morning. I'd like to book a personal call to Rome, please.This is Dongali 52364, Modern Office Limited.

INTERNATIONAL OPERATOR: Dongali, 52 364.What number in Rome, please.

OPAL:Rome 35 56 75.

INTERNATIONAL OPERATOR:35 56 75 ... what name?

OPAL:Mr Frascati.

INTERNATIONAL OPERATOR:Rome 35 56 75, Mr Frascati.

OPAL: Yes, that' s right. Can I book the call for 11-00?

INTERNATIONAL OPERATOR: 11:00 yes, that should be all right. I'll ring you back when the call is,. expected.

OPAL: Thank you very much.
(REPLACES RECEIVER)
(TO BALLITO) The operator is going to ring back when the call is expected.

MR BALLITO: Well, that's fine, thank you Opal.

(PHONE RINGS)

OPAL: Mr Ballito's office.

INTERNATIONAL OPERATOR: Your personal call to Mr Frascati in Rome is expected within a few minutes.

OPAL: Thank you, operator. Mr Ballito, your call to Mr Frascati is expected within a few minutes.

MR BALLITO: Thank you, Opal.

INTERNATIONAL OPERATOR: Hello --. Is that Mr Frascati?

MR FRASCATI: Mr Frascati speaking.

INTERNATIONAL OPERATOR: I have a personal call for you, Mr Frascati, from Dongali. Hold the line please.Go ahead, speak up. caller,Mr Frascati is on the line.

OPAL: Mr Ballito, Mr Frascati is on the line

MR BALLITO: Thank you, Opal. Hello? Mr Frascati? Mr Frascati! Mr Frascati

返回列表