听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 英语美文 | Please Let Me Have a Little World of My Own
返回列表 发帖

英语美文 | Please Let Me Have a Little World of My Own

Please Let Me Have a Little World of My Own

请给我一个小小的世界

Please, my dear husband, be so generous as to let me have a little world of my own.

亲爱的丈夫,请给我一个小小的世界。

If you find me scrawling on a piece of paper, please don’t peep over my shoulders. It may be that I’m venting some pent-up feelings long denied expression, or trying to compose a little poem not yet presentable for the time being, or attempting to sketch out something visualized from my childhood memories which glows in my mind like a rainbow. When I am in such a mood, please leave me alone and let me write as the pen dictates.

当我在纸上胡乱涂写的时候,请不要在我身后窥探。我或许是在发泄心中无法诉说的一种情绪,或是在构思一首暂时还羞于见人的小诗,或是再次拿起久违的彩笔勾勒童年的彩虹,请你让我信笔驰骋。

Don’t disturb me, my dear, when I get nostalgic over some old photos or letters that bring tears to my eyes or smiles on my lips. Those were things that had happened to me before I met you, and they spelt out joys or sorrows, partings or reunions that taste like green olive or glitter like scattered pearls. They are my cherished memories which, ready as I am to share with you, I would like to indulge in by myself for a while.

当我对着旧的照片和书信沉思、垂泪或微笑的时候,请不要打扰我。因为在你之前我还有一段属于我的历史,属于我的悲欢离合,属于我的青涩的橄榄和散落的珍珠,尽管我愿意和你分享这些回忆,但我还是想有一段时间独自品尝和细数它们。

I hope you won’t mind when I go without you for a nice chat with a close friend of mine. You are my bosom friend, but you cannot take the place of other friends any more than they can do yours. I need their care, encouragement and sobering criticism just as I do yours. A starless sky with a solitary moon would be dull and cheerless, why not let there be a moonlit night resplendent with twinkling stars?

当我和挚友小聚而你不能参加时,请你不要介意。你是我最好的朋友,但你不能代替我其他的朋友,如同朋友不能代替你。像需要你一样,我需要朋友的关心、批评和鼓励。没有星星点缀而仅有月亮高悬的夜空多么清寂,请让我拥有一个星光灿烂的夜空。

I may occasionally want to make a tour of faraway places. Please don’t hold me back when I start packing for it. You are the center of my life, but certainly not the whole of it. I yearn to see the mysteries and wonders of the world miles away beyond the mountains; so let me have a chance to explore my “Alice’s Wonderland” as a “lone ranger”. Sometime later when I come back to you with exotic experiences and fresh insights, I’m sure you will look at me in a new light.

当我偶然打起行装远行的时候,请你不要牵住我的手。尽管你是我世界的中心,却不是我整个的世界。我向往着万里云山之外的那些神奇莫测的秘密,请让我做一回“独行侠”,去探寻我的“爱丽丝仙境”。当我带着新的经历、新的感觉回到你的身边时,一定会令你刮目相看。

My dear husband, so long as you let me have such a little, little world of my own, I’ll be very much indebted to you.

亲爱的丈夫,如果你能给我这样一个小小的世界,我会对你充满深深的感激。
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

返回列表