听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » [美文]一生保持着“完美”是可悲的
返回列表 发帖

[美文]一生保持着“完美”是可悲的

APerfectHeart

完美的心

Oneday a young man was standing in the middle of the town proclaiming that he had the most beautiful heart in the wholevalley. A large crowd gathered, and they all admired his heart for it wasperfect. There was not a flaw in it.

一天,一个年轻人站在诚镇的中央,宣称他拥有整个山谷最美丽的心。一大群人围了过来,纷纷称赞年轻人的心,因为这颗心完美无瑕。

Suddenly,an old man appeared and said, "Hey, your heart is not nearly as beautifulas mine!"

突然一位老者出现了,说道:“嗨,你的心可不如我的心美丽啊!”

Thecrowd and the young man looked at the old man’s heart. It was full of scars. Ithad places where pieces had been removed and other pieces put in, but theydidn’t fit quite right, and there were several jaggededges. In fact, in some places there were deep gouges where whole pieces weremissing.

这群人和年轻人都看了看老者的心,只见上面布满伤痕。心上的一些部分被取走了,另外补上了其他人的,但并不十分吻合,还有几处边缘参差不齐。事实上,他的心上有些地方留下了深深的凹痕,整瓣整瓣的心都不见了。

Theyoung man laughed. "Comparing your heart with mine, mine is perfect andyours is a mess of scars."

年轻人笑道:“跟你的心相比,我的心完美无比,而你的心却满是疤痕。”

"Yes,"said the old man, "Yours looks perfect but I would never trade with you.You see, every scar represents a person to whom I have given my love. I tear out a piece of my heart and give it to them, and oftenthey give me a piece of their heart that fits into the empty place in my heart."

“没错,”老者说:“你的心看上去很完美,但是我永远不会和你交换。你瞧,每处伤痕都代表一个我曾爱过的人。我撕下自己的一片心给他们,他们往往也会给我一片他们的心,填补我心中缺失的那部分。

"Butbecause the pieces aren’t exact,I have some rough edges, which I cherish,because they remind me of the love we shared."

“但是由于每片心大小并不完全相同,我的心有些粗糙的边缘,不过我很珍惜,因为它们让我想起我们之间分享过的爱。”

"SometimesI have given pieces of my heart away, and the other person hasn’t returned apiece of his or her heart to me. These are the empty gouges--giving love istaking a chance. "

“有时我把自己的几片心送出去,另一个人却没有向我回馈他/她的心。这些便成了空着的深痕——付出爱本来就是一种冒险。”

"Althoughthese gouges are painful, they stay open, reminding me of the love I have forthose people too, and I hope someday they may return and fill the space I’vebeen waiting. So now do you see what true beauty is?"

“尽管这些凹痕让我感到痛苦,但它们敞开着,让我想起我对他们付出的爱,并希望有朝一日能得到回馈,填满这等待已久的空间。所以,现在你明白什么才是真正的美了吗?”

Theyoung man walked up to the old man, reached into his perfect heart, and rippeda piece out. He offered it to the old man.

年轻人走到老者面前,把手伸进自己完美的心中,撕下了一片,赠给了老者。

Theold man placed it in his heart, then took a piece from his old scarred heartand placed it in the wound in the young man's heart. It fit, but not perfectly,as there were some jagged edges.

老者把这片心放进自己的心里,然后从自己那颗苍老而又伤痕累累的心上撕下一片,放入年轻人心上的伤口。虽然能够放进去,但不十分吻合,因为有的边缘凹凸不平。

Theyoung man looked at his heart, not perfect anymore but more beautiful thanever, since love from the old man’s heart flowed into his.

年轻人看了看自己的心,它虽然不再完美,却比以往更加美丽,因为老者心中的爱流入了他的心田。

Theyembraced and walked away side by side.

他们互相拥抱,然后并肩前行。

How sad it must be to go through life with a whole untouched heart!

人这一生如果一直保持着一颗完整未动的心是多么可悲啊!

返回列表